SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Illegal events at Forest Hill
maxxonline2001

24-10-2022 10:21 AM

Thank you Michael for your comment. In part I can agree with you, but as I mentioned I am not a diplomat and I write what I feel - even if it is an "uncomfortable" and "touchy" topic. As for the police action ... I have a terrible experience! While I had no major objections to their actions earlier, from around 2018 it has been terrible. And this is not only my opinion but most of my friends. I do not investigate whether it is a conscious action or a policy effect - but social feelings are what they are. For me personally, the biggest mistake was the liquidation of most of the small police stations. Daily foot patrols made people feel safer, and the Police themselves had better contact with citizens. Very often it was not necessary to report anti-social behavior, because the patrol saw and solved it. We had our permanent policemen who knew local problems. They talked to people on the sidewalk very often and solved problems on the spot. Currently, the police do not work preventive and the boards reminding people to be vigilant and to report crimes are a farce. I personally was able to help the police apprehend three motorcycle thieves - but the police ignored my reports! When there was a wave of break-ins (tool theft), I had a selected person who did it. To make it better ... a moment earlier my car was washed, and the thief left perfect marks not only of fingers but also of whole hands. For five days I begged the police to take care of it ... to no avail. It was only when I wanted to file a complaint that after three weeks I got a phone call asking if I could be helped somehow. I did not regain tools for over 3,000, and the break-ins continued. And there were many such cases. Many times there were cases where a couple of teenagers punctured their tires for fun ..... I reported to the police that I knew what time it happened that the CCTV was on in the building next door and when I shouted at one of these people she turned straight to the camera .. ... The police did not check these recordings - what for? After a few days, the kids got bored with the fun, and the few dozen tires are no problem. And only then, in the space of two hours on the Clyde Vale, they had nine tires punctured, and another five on the Perry Vale. And these are only the cases I know about - and how many have I not found out about? And it should be remembered that it is the feeling of impunity that makes them later commit more crimes.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Illegal events at Forest Hill - tlc - 23-10-2022, 09:17 AM
RE: Illegal events at Forest Hill - maxxonline2001 - 24-10-2022 10:21 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  FREE events in Forest Hill in February markstevenson 0 2,572 03-02-2022 01:59 PM
Last Post: markstevenson
  Free Halloween Events in Forest Hill P1971 0 3,556 22-10-2015 01:14 PM
Last Post: P1971
  Forest Hill Film Festival - Full Events Listing michael 0 3,871 24-03-2014 12:16 AM
Last Post: michael
  FREE Half term events @ Forest Hill Library foresthilllibrary 0 5,338 14-10-2011 10:37 AM
Last Post: foresthilllibrary
  New Year's Eve events in Forest Hill clara1976 9 13,234 30-12-2007 11:19 PM
Last Post: Cellar Door