SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Illegal events at Forest Hill
maxxonline2001

24-10-2022 09:23 AM

Since I do not want to be misunderstood, I have to add that my entry was not politically correct because I am a simple man and not a diplomat and I write what I feel. I would also like to add that I reacted in the same way to the bad behavior of some Poles living in Forest Hill and the surrounding area. Does this mean that as a Polish immigrant I was racist in relation to other Poles in the UK? NOT! I simply explained to them that they should respect local law and customs, that you don't pour beer and vodka at bus stops in the middle of the night, and don't shout "KURWA" - because it's illegal and unfortunately affects the perception of the entire Polish community. And after a few years, I managed to limit this anti-social behavior of these people a lot, which I am proud of. I would also like to add that no one will tell me that I am a racist for one simple reason - 80% of my friends are of African, Caribbean and Japanese origin. and I will say in the words of an old Polish film ... "For me, racism is an inconceivable thing! I do not divide people into black and white, but only into wise and stupid". If someone felt offended, I apologize to him - it was not my intention. But I continue to stand by my position on this matter and further write that this handful of members of this ethmic group not only harm the entire Forest Hill community but, above all, harm the image of the entire African-Caribbean group. And it was people from this part of our community that in yesterday's street conversations with me confirmed that maybe I wrote too harshly and politically incorrect - but I wrote the truth.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Illegal events at Forest Hill - tlc - 23-10-2022, 09:17 AM
RE: Illegal events at Forest Hill - maxxonline2001 - 24-10-2022 09:23 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  FREE events in Forest Hill in February markstevenson 0 2,572 03-02-2022 01:59 PM
Last Post: markstevenson
  Free Halloween Events in Forest Hill P1971 0 3,556 22-10-2015 01:14 PM
Last Post: P1971
  Forest Hill Film Festival - Full Events Listing michael 0 3,871 24-03-2014 12:16 AM
Last Post: michael
  FREE Half term events @ Forest Hill Library foresthilllibrary 0 5,338 14-10-2011 10:37 AM
Last Post: foresthilllibrary
  New Year's Eve events in Forest Hill clara1976 9 13,234 30-12-2007 11:19 PM
Last Post: Cellar Door