SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Sydenham Hill, SE23 3PL
mumoftwo

15-04-2024 10:39 AM

Looking to buy a flat in this estate. Anybody knows anything about this estate? I am totaly new to the area so any tips are much appreciated. Are there perhaps any new developments planned next to it or on the site? Or any other reason why I should not buy there.

Thank you so much

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rbmartin

15-04-2024 06:03 PM

It's on the Sydenham Hill Estate, in the London Borough of Southwark right on the border with Dulwich and Forest Hill in the Dulwich Wood ward, with the local MP being Helen Hayes for Dulwich & West Norwood rather than Ellie Reeves who is the MP for Lewisham West and Penge. (She is the MP for the other side of Sydenham Hill which is in the Lewisham Council side).

Plenty of green space with Horniman Park across the road and Horniman Gardens and Museum nearby.

Plenty of local bus routes and a 5-8 minute walk to Forest Hill station or 2 minutes on the bus.

You're also in walking distance of Sydenham Hill Woods via Cox's Walk or by waking up the hill itself and Dulwich Park.

Hillman

17-04-2024 10:25 AM

If it’s an ex-council flat where the council is the freeholder I would strongly advise against buying. The initial price may be lower than an equivalent “private” flat, but you are liable to pay for that many times over with enormous service charges in the future.

Please Google the issue and do some research - please.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields