SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Public transport this Friday
nottinghillbilly

16-08-2022 06:56 PM

My manager informed me today that there is a bus And train strike this Friday but that as 'some' busses are running I'm still expected into work.
Does anyone know if ideally the 176 is running or the 12 ?
That way I stand a chance of getting in with not much of a walk at either end.
Or Southern rail?
Are they running?
I cant seem to find this information out.
Many thanks.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BackOnceAgain

16-08-2022 07:29 PM

The 176 and 12 are running. Can't help with the trains I'm afraid.

Sherwood

16-08-2022 09:58 PM

It is a bus and underground strike on Friday.
The train strikes are on Thursday and Saturday.

rbmartin

17-08-2022 12:44 PM

Email TfL sent me today.

Quote:
Tube and Rail strikes will affect the majority of TfL’s network on Friday 19 August. Customers are advised to avoid travelling on the Tube and only travel on the rest of the TfL network if essential. Bus strikes will also impact some routes in west and south west London and parts of Surrey on 19 and 20 August.

There are additional strikes on national rail services on Thursday 18 and Saturday 20 August, which will impact some London Underground, London Overground and Elizabeth line services. Customers using national rail services are advised to avoid travel unless absolutely necessary.

We apologise for the impact this action may cause to your journey. Further details can be found on our website and below.

Thursday 18 August

National rail strikes are expected to impact the entire national rail network. National rail customers are advised to only travel if absolutely necessary
The majority of TfL’s services will continue to run; however some disruption is expected on the following lines and areas:
Reduced service on the London Overground
Reduced service on the Elizabeth line
No service on the District line between Wimbledon and Parson's Green, and Richmond and Turnham Green before 08:00 and after 18:00
No service on the Bakerloo line north of Queen's Park

Friday 19 August

Tube and bus strikes are taking place on Friday 19 August which will affect the majority of TfL’s services. Avoid travelling on the Tube and only travel on the rest of the TfL network if essential
In addition, there will be minimal service on the national rail network until around 08:00 following the strike from the previous day

Saturday 20 August

National rail strikes are expected to impact the entire national rail network. National rail customers are advised to only travel if absolutely necessary
Customers on lines affected by strike action the previous day are encouraged to avoid making journeys until after 08:00
The majority of TfL’s services will run from 08:00; however some disruption is expected on the following lines and areas:
Reduced service on the London Overground
Reduced service on the Elizabeth line
No service on the District line between Wimbledon and Parson's Green, and Richmond and Turnham Green before 08:00 and after 18:00
No service on the Bakerloo line north of Queen's Park
Reduced London Trams service
There are additional strikes affecting some bus services on Saturday 20 August that will impact routes in west and south west London and parts of Surrey. Check to see if your route will be affected

Sunday 21 August

Disruption from the strikes will continue to affect customers into the morning of 21 August
Customers on lines affected by strike action are encouraged to avoid making journeys on affected services until after 08:00
During this time, please plan ahead, check before you travel and leave more time for your journey.

For the latest information, please visit our Strikes webpage.

This post was last modified: 17-08-2022 12:45 PM by rbmartin.

rbmartin

17-08-2022 12:46 PM

All of our routes are operating as normal on Friday.

The bus strike largely affects West/SW London and parts of North Surrey.

This post was last modified: 17-08-2022 12:52 PM by rbmartin.

nottinghillbilly

17-08-2022 08:59 PM

Thank you SO much!
i asked at the station this morning about Friday travel and they said 'some' trains will run but didn't seem to know what ones. or when.
I think Busses will be safest option then!
I also received the TFL email which I found lacking in information aside from the usual
"avoid travelling'
Great if you can WFH sadly not everyone is a job whereby this is an option.

This post was last modified: 17-08-2022 09:01 PM by nottinghillbilly.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Public transport route FH to Bloomsbury? BigED 10 9,310 06-03-2018 02:54 PM
Last Post: BigED
  Forest Hill to Greenwich on Public Transport daveyyates 19 24,195 20-08-2009 09:21 AM
Last Post: ontheedge