SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Valentine Court - Infill Development (DC/22/127024)
robertjroy

27-06-2022 02:21 PM

Lewisham Homes have finally submitted their plans to build 41 new homes within the existing Valentine Court estate. The estate currently has 112 flats, so there will be a 35%+ increase in homes, which will be a mix of shared ownership and new council housing.

As you would expect with urban infill development, there will be a loss of green space, mature trees and the usual impact on daylight and sunlight to neighbours - although there are a number of benefits too. The estate borders on the Perry Vale & Christmas Estate Conservation Area.

I would appreciate interested members of the local community to have a look at the proposals and submit comments - positive or negative - before the deadline on 13th July 2022.

Link to proposals on the Lewisham Planning website

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Herbparis

30-06-2022 08:50 PM

I live on the Forest Estate (Eliot Bank) and there was an proposal in 2015 to build 45 flats across three sites on the estate. The proposal was to delivery of 22 homes for Social Rent and 26 homes for private sale. The scheme is formed from underused open-space, garages and a parking area that is proposed to be relocated. New housing proposals will be complemented by environmental improvements to the remainder of the existing estate. One of the proposed sites a block which was going to be between 7- 15 storeys high and 100% private and totally out of proportion to the existing 5 storey blocks and no additional parking spaces. I set up a Facebook group Save Eliot Bank Community Greens (SEBCOGS). We managed to stop the large tower block been built swallowed up our green but unfortunately the car parking area and garages was built on and the development is almost completed now but as cause a lot of issues with dust, large delivery vehicles of building materials, lack of water pressure and lack of privacy. Also now have forced on to the residents has part of the planning application conditions under Section 105 to charge residents for parking on the estate.

Personally the Biodiversity Net Gain Design Stage Report is a complete joke as the vegetation survey was done much too early in the year and should cover over a number of months during the spring and summer to take in the change of seasons and species present. Also I would push for further environment improvements such as Bat and Bird boxes and maybe Swift boxes and if the roofs are going to be sloped maybe a special area as a Bat roost.

I am not against development but this is too dense for the area.

This post was last modified: 30-06-2022 08:53 PM by Herbparis.

Herbparis

01-07-2022 10:34 AM

I had a look at the Ecological Impact Assessment and the planning application should be refused on the grounds that the Preliminary bat Roost Assessment (PRA) was conducted in February 2022 and no further up to date surveying was completed also the Habitat survey should of covered from spring to late summer to cover the number of later species.

robertjroy

01-07-2022 10:40 AM

Thanks for looking at this! Have you raised this as a comment?

I have noticed that the revised proposals provide a reduced parking provision of 50 car parking spaces. 9 spaces are stated to have active charging - this only accounts for 18% of the total spaces and means the current proposals do not meet the London Plan. 20% of the parking provision should have active charging - this would be 10 spaces (out of 50).

The parking is also outlined as 37 spaces for existing residents, 7 disabled spaces for existing Blue Badge holders within the estate and 4 disabled spaces for the 4 new wheelchair homes. This equates to 48 spaces. The additional 2 spaces are outlined to be used by operational, maintenance and delivery vehicles. However, this is then outlined as 3 spaces, which changes that mix and means the overall parking solution is unclear. That inconsistency is also present in the Delivery and Servicing Plan and Transport Assessment.

The planning process seems incredibly complicated, and having to sift through 109 documents is so time consuming.

robertjroy

01-07-2022 10:59 AM

I should also add that there are already Swift boxes on a number of the blocks in Valentine Court, that were fitting in 2017. I have seen (and heard) a number of them over the estate this year too! They donโ€™t seem to be mentioned anywhere in the report.

This post was last modified: 01-07-2022 11:00 AM by robertjroy.

robertjroy

01-07-2022 05:57 PM

I have been liaising with one of our 3 elected councillors about the plans and they have agreed to call in this application and urge Lewisham Council to hold a local meeting on them. Michael Abrahams of the Forest Hill Society has also suggested this.

He has stated that "We do all agree that this is a significant local application, both in terms of new housing that it could yield, and the impact on existing neighbouring residents. So it's important we get it right."

This is good news for the estate as it will make sure Lewisham Homes and the Council are held to account as the plans will not be waved through and will be decided by a committee during a public meeting. We can hopefully make sure they deliver for residents and the local community.

Please do continue to submit your comments so they can be considered, and I'll keep you updated on when the meetings will take place!

Have a great weekend, and happy Pride. ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ

This post was last modified: 01-07-2022 05:57 PM by robertjroy.

robertjroy

13-07-2022 10:40 AM

This post was last modified: 13-07-2022 10:40 AM by robertjroy.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Grange Court development DC/23/130280 taymountgrange 7 3,463 09-05-2023 07:28 PM
Last Post: nottinghillbilly
  Wall repair at Valentine Court Snazy 0 2,603 12-11-2015 10:07 AM
Last Post: Snazy