SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
London City Airport expansion
taymountgrange

09-08-2022 10:28 PM

what a loaded survey.

No thanks city, your proposal goes against all of the London green transport initiatives.

My concerns are increased pollution, increased Co2, increased periods of excessive noise and facilitating needless travel for "businessmen" who still haven't worked out how to unmute their zoom meetings.

The hilarious offer of double glazing and soundproofing.... I'll just keep my windows closed in summer shall I and just hold my breath when I'm outside?

No doubt they will be involved in the ring of illegitimate carbon offset schemes paying companies that are ......ho-ho-ho owned by themselves.

I'm sure some soulless maggot will word it to get their way, the survey is just a box-ticking exercise, so they can say we've consulted people, no obligation to action or implement anything any points raised.

Anyway, we can't even staff the airport we've got.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BackOnceAgain

10-08-2022 09:19 AM

"businessmen" in my experience it's not just the men who have trouble with the mute button.

samuelsen

10-08-2022 01:11 PM

Insert businessmen, business women, business people for business men.

jgdoherty

10-07-2023 08:28 PM

Today, 10 July 2023, LB Newham's Strategic Development Committee has considered London City Airport's S73 Planning Application which articulated the airport's expansion proposals.

The Committee received and deliberated upon its Planning Officers Report which contained a recommendation to REFUSE the S73 application.

The Committee endorsed their Officer's recommendation thus ending, for the mean time, the airports proposal to expand its operation and dispense with the weekend 24 hour respite period which had been in place for several decades.

It remains to be seen whether London City Airport will appeal this planning decision and their formal response on the decision is awaited.

This post was last modified: 10-07-2023 08:31 PM by jgdoherty.

jgdoherty

12-07-2023 08:22 AM

Within 24 hours of LB Newham refusing planning permission to expand its operations, London City Airport announces it will appeal the planning decision that stops them stealing away peaceful enjoyment of Saturdays from thousands of overflown Londoners.

Entirely expected. Only question was how quickly London City Airport could rush to submit their vacuous appeal.

It has no merit.

New-gen aircraft are NOT observably quieter.

The airport is not a good neighbour.

Their plans increase the incidences of noise pollution for its neighbours.

Resolve grows to meet this next challenge.

Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  London City Airport Expansion: Fund-raiser for Planning Inquiry jgdoherty 1 1,331 29-09-2023 04:09 PM
Last Post: jgdoherty
  London City Airport Noise Action Plan jgdoherty 0 1,506 16-06-2023 10:38 AM
Last Post: jgdoherty
  Proposed extended flying times at London City Airport samuelsen 7 4,073 13-07-2022 08:49 PM
Last Post: samuelsen