SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
TfL proposed RADICAL changes to bus services in South and Central London
samuelsen

01-06-2022 11:46 AM

Below I have attempted to pick out bus routes which will most affect SE15, SE22 and SE23, please read and share.

This is something I feel cross party and borough councillors from both Southwark and Lewisham need to work together on.

Don't forget TfL's motto "Every journey matters", it sure don't feel like that from these proposals that not only include losing the No. 12 bus service but also the 78.

[haveyoursay.tfl.gov.uk]

[haveyoursay.tfl.gov.uk]

[www.cityam.com]

[ehq-production-europe.s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com]

Routes 1 (Tottenham Court Road-Canada Water) and 168 (Hampstead Heath-Old Kent Road) would be axed, although a new route would run from Hampstead Heath to Canada Water using most of the 1 and 168 routeing would be introduced. The new route is 'provisionally numbered' 1 but its actual number will be defined after the consultation

Route 188 (Russell Square-North Greenwich) would be changed to start from Tottenham Court Road instead of Russell Square

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
blushingsnail

01-06-2022 01:39 PM

Do you mean this proposal?

https://haveyoursay.tfl.gov.uk/busreview

samuelsen

01-06-2022 03:41 PM

yes, that is the one

nottinghillbilly

04-06-2022 07:18 PM

I would urge everyone who this affects to complete the consultation.
there is also a petition regarding the axing of the number 12
on Change.org
under the heading Save Bus route 12 (I dont know how to copy the link and make it work).
Our London bridge and Victoria southern trains have been cut and now our bus services are being eroded too.
North of the river I would understand and indeed condone cutting bus services to save money because alternative train stations and bus routes are never too far away
indeed where I lived previously there were 3 stations offering different lines at a walkable distance to eachother,
not to mention bus routes offering direct routes to the west end (3 in total)
North London (2 routes) and buses going to South-west London (2 routes).
Bear in mind that many of us who live in zone 3 work in zone 1 and moved here because we couldn't afford to live any nearer to where we work.
We are truly the poor relations when it comes to public transport.
Not everyone is able to ride a bike or take other forms of transport.
Time was that the 12 went to Shepherds bush from Forest Hill/Penge
The 176 went to Oxford Circus....the routes have been chipped away at and we have speak out and stop this.

nottinghillbilly

06-06-2022 08:45 PM

I wonder if the moderator could move this to 'local' area topic heading
Because it will definitely adversely impact the residents of SE23

admin
Administrator

06-06-2022 08:46 PM

Done.

nottinghillbilly

07-06-2022 07:06 PM

Thank-you Thumbup

BrandNewGuy

08-07-2022 06:59 AM

I see that the proposal to extend the 63 bus to Honor Oak Park station has cropped up again. A TfL 'executive' said it would be considered, though I can't think they won't have the same cost reasons as before for rejecting it, but there's always hope...
https://southwarknews.co.uk/news/transpo...k-station/

samuelsen

08-07-2022 11:35 AM

Well not surprised this little scheme has been wedeled out of the woodwork again. Two buses go too Honor Oak Park station, the P12 and the P4. Do what everyone else does and either walk to Brenchley Gardens and catch it there or walk to the top of Forest Hill Road into Honor Oak Park and catch either there.

Have you not seen the amount of congestion and pollution which already occurs every morning on Forest Hill Road, and you want to add to it. REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nottinghillbilly

08-07-2022 06:53 PM

I dont understand the logic of extending bus services to HOP when Forest Hill is a MUCH busier station so therefore I assume more commuters live in and around Forest Hill Station than Honor oak park.
I speak as someone who commutes daily on the trains and see how many people both embark and leave the trains at these stations.
Regarding someones comment about the P12 and P4 running from HOP
to the best of my knowledge Neither of these services actually go into central London.
The P4 runs to Brixton and the P12 is pretty useless and goes to Surrey Quays via Peckham.
I say pretty useless because a short walk along Peckham Rye and you can get numerous busses that go through Peckham.
The P12 seems more of a shuttle service not a real route

samuelsen

08-07-2022 08:34 PM

It runs from Surrey Quays to Honor Oak, it connects people from Honor Oak to Nunhead and Peckham. A proposal currently exists to remove the 78 bus route entirely which would leave Nunhead inaccessible by bus. It would further impact the businesses there. It provides an alternative route to get to the upper part of the Old Kent Road for those that shop at Aldi or Lidl, it means people can also get to Asda on the OKR.

So to answer your point, it is a proper bus route and NOT a shuttle.

https://tfl.gov.uk/bus/route/p12/?Input=...on=inbound

This post was last modified: 08-07-2022 08:34 PM by samuelsen.

rbmartin

08-07-2022 10:00 PM

Quote:
Well not surprised this little scheme has been wedeled out of the woodwork again. Two buses go too Honor Oak Park station, the P12 and the P4. Do what everyone else does and either walk to Brenchley Gardens and catch it there or walk to the top of Forest Hill Road into Honor Oak Park and catch either there.

Have you not seen the amount of congestion and pollution which already occurs every morning on Forest Hill Road, and you want to add to it. REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not particularly helpful for those who can't walk up the steep hill to the top of Honor Oak Park in the first place.

For some reason TfL provide an excellent bus service to Peckham Rye station with the 63/363, but if you want to reach Honor Oak Park station, it's clunky and Forest Hill station is two buses or a 5 min walk from the bottom of Honor Oak Road on the P4.

samuelsen

09-07-2022 10:36 AM

Errrrrrrrrrr, You do know you don't need to walk up the hill, you can catch the P12 from the stop in Brenchley Gardens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Proposed extended flying times at London City Airport samuelsen 7 4,073 13-07-2022 08:49 PM
Last Post: samuelsen
  Tree down on London Rd, South Circular FoHoNewbie 0 3,681 28-03-2016 08:51 AM
Last Post: FoHoNewbie
  London Bridge trains - here's the best and the worst peak services Decker 333 277,613 04-08-2015 09:59 AM
Last Post: Londondrz
  Cycling into/through central London Medley 5 6,153 04-09-2014 11:16 AM
Last Post: Medley
  FH to get it's own edition of the South London Press rbmartin 0 3,541 02-06-2012 10:21 PM
Last Post: rbmartin
  Southern services from London Bridge Jon Lloyd 13 14,828 07-12-2010 09:18 AM
Last Post: showtunesgirl
  Who will use ELL and who will stick to London Bridge services? Jon Lloyd 12 14,210 27-10-2009 10:08 AM
Last Post: Mattfh
  South London Press invites SE23 news reports mike slp 3 6,170 09-02-2009 01:27 PM
Last Post: Bonnie Blue
  Direct services from FH to London Victoria roz 17 20,064 22-12-2007 07:29 PM
Last Post: michael