SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Valentine Court - Infill Development (DC/22/127024)
Herbparis

30-06-2022 09:50 PM

I live on the Forest Estate (Eliot Bank) and there was an proposal in 2015 to build 45 flats across three sites on the estate. The proposal was to delivery of 22 homes for Social Rent and 26 homes for private sale. The scheme is formed from underused open-space, garages and a parking area that is proposed to be relocated. New housing proposals will be complemented by environmental improvements to the remainder of the existing estate. One of the proposed sites a block which was going to be between 7- 15 storeys high and 100% private and totally out of proportion to the existing 5 storey blocks and no additional parking spaces. I set up a Facebook group Save Eliot Bank Community Greens (SEBCOGS). We managed to stop the large tower block been built swallowed up our green but unfortunately the car parking area and garages was built on and the development is almost completed now but as cause a lot of issues with dust, large delivery vehicles of building materials, lack of water pressure and lack of privacy. Also now have forced on to the residents has part of the planning application conditions under Section 105 to charge residents for parking on the estate.

Personally the Biodiversity Net Gain Design Stage Report is a complete joke as the vegetation survey was done much too early in the year and should cover over a number of months during the spring and summer to take in the change of seasons and species present. Also I would push for further environment improvements such as Bat and Bird boxes and maybe Swift boxes and if the roofs are going to be sloped maybe a special area as a Bat roost.

I am not against development but this is too dense for the area.

This post was last modified: 30-06-2022 09:53 PM by Herbparis.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Valentine Court - Infill Development (DC/22/127024) - Herbparis - 30-06-2022 09:50 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Grange Court development DC/23/130280 taymountgrange 7 3,859 09-05-2023 08:28 PM
Last Post: nottinghillbilly
  Wall repair at Valentine Court Snazy 0 2,670 12-11-2015 11:07 AM
Last Post: Snazy