SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
National Rail strike - 21/23/25 June
rbmartin

15-06-2022 09:55 PM

Quote:
If I read the Southern site correctly then the trains into London Bridge are fast from East Croydon, so at Forest Hill / Honor Oak I think we are back to the Overground (with no doubt a reduced frequency - - also not sure if Overground can run after 6pm?). If you wanted to get to London Bridge by train, there' some going through Lewisham but that's a trek. So not a good picture I'm afraid

Southern got round to finally updating their strike page after I've posted.

As you mentioned, no stopping service to London Bridge, so I'd assume that's due to the Overground running services on strike days which lets Southern concentrate on other lines not served by other providers.

There are trains to Victoria from Crystal Palace and East Croydon if anyone wants to travel to Victoria on strike days, especially on Tuesday when the tube are also on strike and the 185 will be rammed. (East Croydon will require changing at West Croydon for the tram as there is no Thameslink or Southern service from Norwood Junction).

It's worth noting that the Overground including the core section and the Elizabeth line use Network Rail signallers, so they may close early as well due to them being on strike as well.

What Network Rail appear to have done is find staff who either aren't part of the RMT or managers who are trained in using the signal equipment to maintain a daytime service on some lines.

This post was last modified: 15-06-2022 09:57 PM by rbmartin.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: National Rail strike - 21/23/25 June - rbmartin - 15-06-2022 09:55 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Southern rail strike Sandpiper 23 22,253 01-12-2016 12:13 PM
Last Post: rbmartin
  Rail strike action 25/26 May 2015 rbmartin 3 5,147 22-05-2015 08:08 AM
Last Post: Mr_Numbers