SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Dr Mendelson
Jo

14-04-2022 11:32 PM

This is random I know but my childhood Doctor in Forest Hill was Dr Mendelson in the 50's and 60's. His practice was Allenby Road I think. The random bit is that I now live in NZ and met a woman who is now my best friend. It turns out she lived in Forest Hill and she recognises the name Mendelson...she told me their Dr was Dr Barnes, and she thinks he shared a practice with my Dr Mendelson. We are connected on so many levels already and I'd love to find out if they shared the clinic or were working in the same building. It's such a small world and finding out that we lived so close to each other (me in Sydenham and she in Forest Hill), that to know we could've been in the surgery at the same time would be amazing! we're both in our early 60's. I've searched mrs google but can't find anything! Does anyone remember anything please?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sherwood

20-04-2022 09:34 PM

Dr Mendelson's surgery definitely was in Allenby Road.

blushingsnail

25-04-2022 06:20 PM

Dr Mendelson rings a bell from my childhood. I remember my aunt mentioning him (late 1970 or 1980s) as her doctor, although I don't know if he was still working or whether she was reminiscing after she had been transferred to the Jenner Health Centre on Stanstead Road. I don't recall her mentioning where his surgery was but she lived near Allenby Road so that would be plausible.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields