SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Research Project Local News
Steven Barclay

01-12-2021 03:33 PM

I am looking for Lewisham residents to take part in a research project.

The Charitable Journalism Project is a charity dedicated to furthering public interest news. This particular research, funded by the Rowntree Trust, is to investigate communities where local news provision has declined in recent years. Hopefully the exercise will be of benefit to your work and the community.

I am looking for:

1. People involved in local organisations (businesses, public sector, voluntary and community sector) to be interviewed on their views and experience of local news and democratic participation. This would take around 30 minutes.
2. Lewisham residents to take part in an online focus group. This would take around 90 minutes. On 15th December 2021, 7.30pm.
Either of these would be under conditions of anonymity and in accordance with data protection.

Of course you are free to participate as much as you are comfortable with, and I don't intend to put pressure on anyone or ask awkward questions.
Participation in the focus group carries with it an incentive of £50.
The interview can be over the phone or in person at a time that suits you. The focus groups are online.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you need more information. PM me or reply by email steven.barclay@city.ac.uk.

Steven Barclay
Research Associate, Charitable Journalism Project
(Formerly Public Benefit Journalism Research Centre (PBJRC))
10 Queen Street Place
London, EC4R 1BE
UK
info@cjproject.org
https://cjproject.org/

Email: steven.barclay@city.ac.uk

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields