SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Is Siddons Road safe?
Arnika

13-09-2021 07:37 AM

Dear all, I was wondering I there are any residents of Siddons Road around here, who could shed some light.

I'm currently in the process of buying a flat at Siddons road and up until yesterday I was very excited and happy about moving into the area.

However, yesterday late afternoon something quite scary happened and I'm unsure what to make of it.

I was in the neighbourhood with my friend and I wanted to show him the property I wanted to move into. We were standing on the street talking about the flat when a man came out of one of the houses opposite (I'm not sure which one) and started yelling at us to "get the f.. away from his car" (some sort of red car we were not even looking at and stood maybe 1.5m away from). We moved away and started apologising and explaining that we were not looking at his car and just here to look at the house. He then got even more agitated and shouted to "get the f... Away from his property" and "if I ever see you around my property again..." - He didn't finish but it sounded threatening. He put down gardening tools he was carrying band stared walking towards me swearing. I got really scared and apologised again and tried to explain we mean him no harm. He continued moving towards me, swearing and I was afraid he would hit me. We walked away really fast. He followed us just for a couple of meters.

I admit this has left me quite shaken, because I just got verbally attacked in front of the property I'm about to purchase and it makes me very nervous.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Does anyone know the gentleman in question? Any advice would be very welcome.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cliveg

14-09-2021 01:39 PM

Hi Arnika, Sorry to hear that you have had a rather unpleasant experience. I have lived in Siddons Road for over 6 years, with no issues. All my close neighbours are lovely people, and those further away that i have talked to have all been friendly. I hope your experience wont put you off your purchase.
It really is a lovely part of South London to live in.

Arnika

15-09-2021 08:10 AM

Thank you so much! This is reassuring.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Collision with parked car on Siddons Road ambient 0 3,372 22-04-2014 01:01 PM
Last Post: ambient
  Poor dog. Siddons Road. FFS 7 8,954 27-01-2014 07:42 PM
Last Post: FFS
  London Road - safe? HoneyDripper 6 8,006 18-08-2011 09:41 AM
Last Post: Satchers
  building works on the corner of Shipman Road and Siddons Road Prampusher 3 6,421 04-08-2011 09:25 AM
Last Post: Sherwood