SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
allotment gates destroyed
rakuman

30-07-2021 05:18 PM

Hi, I am chairman of the One Tree Hill Allotments in Honor Oak Park, at some unknown time in the last 24 hours a heavy vehicle mounted the pavement by our gate and completely destroyed it and a section of fence attached to it, it also lifted a large slab of concrete which the gate was bedded in from the ground.
Unfortunately the driver did note leave a note, it was first noticed about 7am this morning, but enquiries in the houses opposite have come up with nothing so far, mostly due to people not being at home this afternoon.
If you live in Honor Oak Park opposite the allotments and heard or saw anything we urgently need to know, it must have been a very noisy collision judging from the damage done.
I have reported it to the police, if you have any information or saw or heard anything please get back to me.
This is not the first hit we have had recently, its due to Honor Oak Park being used as a racetrack
Many thanks

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ForTiger

05-08-2021 03:10 PM

Hi,
This incident happened at approximately 6:15. We heard a screeching. I was in the bathroom but a family member went to the window as soon as she could but the perpetrator had left the scene. We didn’t even see the damage until we were going out later.
I’ll check ring footage

rakuman

05-08-2021 03:25 PM

thanks for that information

ForTiger

05-08-2021 05:51 PM

Sorry, didn't pick up anything at that time as activated by pedestrians passing the house.

rakuman

05-08-2021 06:04 PM

Thanks for trying, it remains a mystery, and if you look closely at our fence you will see it has been hit many times over the years, we are going to get our Lewisham plotholders to try to get Lewisham council to initiate getting a speed camera up there, I am sure it would pay for itself pretty quickly.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields