SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Who is the best internet provider in Forest Hill?
jgdoherty

05-09-2020 02:45 PM

One BT issue that bears a separate comment.

BT determines what service it can or will provide to a specific address, irrespective of that the advisory sites might report.

On more than one occasion that I am aware of, BT has advised a customer that a full broadband package is available in an area and to their specific address.

However when the OpenReach engineer turns-up to do the cable installation, they occasionally decline to do the work, despite the BT commitment.

As best as I can determine there is still uncertainty about certain types of installation, particularly if a building has several disparate homes in it. As an example if a building has been converted into say four flats, OpenReach seems to have a long term problem because it has not yet have a reliable solution for that configuration.

I have no insight or reports how other providers may or may not deal with this issue, but it is worth being aware of this BT issue if you are moving into a multi-occupancy building.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Who is the best internet provider in Forest Hill? - jgdoherty - 05-09-2020 02:45 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Forest Hill Internet Access IWereAbsolutelyFuming 12 11,484 12-01-2015 01:53 PM
Last Post: pasque flower