SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (5): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next > Last »
Calling all mums and dads to be
calvin

19-03-2008 10:48 AM

I'm also due end of August, look forward to possibly setting something up, preferably after maternity leave starts.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
milliebear

19-03-2008 11:02 AM

We probably wont be able to make the 22nd as we will be out of London but please keep me posted of any later meets or later babies as mine is not due until September.

Have fun on 22nd

ruthb

19-03-2008 11:41 AM

Just spoken to the very nice man at the honor oak and he is setting aside some sofas for us as he (rightly) thought a table might not the the most sociable set-up...looking forward to it - see you all saturday!

Also think this would be a nice thing to do more regularly...nothing too rigid, drop by if you are around sort of thing...

Mandymoo

19-03-2008 12:10 PM

Well done Ruth. See you all Sat... x

essjaygee

19-03-2008 01:11 PM

My bump (due midMay), my husband and our 3 year old may very well join you! (Tiredness permitting - it's at that stage I'm afraid....)

robwinton

22-03-2008 01:57 PM

bump (or lots of bumps to be precise)

see you there at 4 - although I may be a few minutes late if I am to avoid being covered in pink paint for the event

Allotment_man

22-03-2008 08:49 PM

Many Thanks for arranging this and good to meet up, sorry I could only be there for half an hour (Berts tea time at 5pm). Would be interested in attending another one perhaps in the summer in a pub with a large garden and perhaps with climbing frame, the only one that springs to mind in se23 is the The Blythe Hill Tavern....

best wishes[/align]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ruthb

23-03-2008 08:07 AM

It was great to meet everyone and very much looking forward to meeting all the bumps when they arrive too. Thanks to all for making it along despite the grotty weather...I agree, one when weather warms up with a garden sounds great!

Ruth

thenutfield

25-03-2008 11:13 AM

Thanks Ruth for organising Saturday. Really nice to meet new people and looking forward to seeing the results of the bumps soon. Perhaps if mums are interested we could create an email group, to swap info about baby clubs, playgroups, power pramming(!), meet ups etc?
N.

myasnova

25-03-2008 11:47 AM

We would love to be part of this group - think it'sn a brilliant idea!
m

Maria & Nikolai (02/05/07)
Mandymoo

25-03-2008 11:51 AM

Sounds like an excellent idea to me! x

ruthb

25-03-2008 12:39 PM

great idea! Not being the most technically-minded of people I am not sure the best way to do this - anyone else?

CJS

25-03-2008 04:33 PM

Hi,

yes, thanks Ruth for organising the meet up. I like the idea of a group - perhaps we could start a Yahoo group. I'm not sure how to do this as I've only ever been a member of this type of group. If someone knows how then perhaps they could guide us - otherwise if not I'll have a look and find out a bit.

Caragh

thenutfield

25-03-2008 07:59 PM

Dear all,
It looks fairly straightforward to do it through Yahoo Groups, quite a few London NCT groups already have set them up.
Leave it with me, and I will post again when I have checked it out properly.
Nicky (Ms thenutfield)

Mandymoo

26-03-2008 10:13 AM

Thanks Nicky, that would be great. x

Jane2

26-03-2008 02:15 PM

Hi everyone, just wanted to say hello as we are expecting our second baby in August (we already have a toddler).

Your Honor Oak meet-up sounded really nice! Sorry we missed it. My husband is often complaining about how I always meet up with other local mums but he never gets to meet any other local dads.

I'm also the Rep for Forest Hill NCT so you might have seen me post on other threads. I have a lot of expectant and new mums in touch with me, so I've been telling them to check out this forum!

Also I would be interested to hear how you get on with the yahoo group. I've been wondering whether I should set a yahoo group up for Forest Hill NCT as I get loads of enquiries from members asking me all sorts of Forest Hill baby-related questions, and I have often thought that some sort of email group might be a good way for them all to communicate with each other without having to go through me.

Anyway looking forward to reading all the developments on here! Seems like the residents of Forest Hill have been very busy lately....

thenutfield

27-03-2008 10:08 PM

Dear everyone,
I've done it!
I have set up a Yahoo Group for for parents in SE23 to share ideas and information, keep in
touch, organise get togethers etc. So far we have one member (me!) but hope you will all join. Here is the link
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SE23parents/

It seems there are plenty of new, not yet but soon, and not so new mums in the area - so it would be really good to get to know you all.
Nicky

PS - Hi Jane2, the yahoo group was very easy to set up. There seem to be a few NCT groups using Yahoo.

Mandymoo

28-03-2008 10:43 AM

Well done! Thanks for that Nicky - just joined the Yahoo group...

Amandax

Jane2

28-03-2008 02:55 PM

Thanks Nicky for doing this, I've just joined up.

I don't think I will set up another Yahoo group for the Forest Hill NCT members as there doesn't seem much point in duplicating what you have already done, but I will suggest that they might want to join this one if that is OK. As you say, there are a lot of parents and parents-to-be in the area and I think they will find this really useful! (There are around a 100 NCT members in Forest Hill and Honor Oak, and that must be only a fraction.) It will be great to be able to share tips etc.

Jane

ruthb

28-03-2008 04:03 PM

nice one nicky! I will have to get a new yahoo address and sign up my last yahoo address had over 11000 unread emails so I abandoned it Blush

Hope everyone and their bumps are well xx

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields