SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Thames Water Failure once again
Herbparis

02-03-2020 01:16 PM

All Residents of the Forest Estate (Eliot Bank, Knapdale Close, Grizledale Terrace) CursingCursing

Once again Thames Water as closed off the junction of Eliot Bank and London Road due to they failure to correctly repair a pervious repair taking eight days to repair with three of them no one working on site and now the road will not be repaired until the 6th March. Which is totally unacceptable and Thames Water and Lewisham Council are putting all the residents at risk as TW needs permission from the council to dig up the road and with the road closure no large emergency vehicles i.e fire engines able to turn into the top road and if someone had spinal injuries ambulances could not use it either also causing damage to other vehicles . I urge all residents to contact the so called three ward councillors to get them to do their jobs properly as I am personally not impressed with their pass performance with raising issues with them

Also put in a official complaint to Thames Water and the three so called councillors. If you have damaged your vehicle using the top part of the road you should be entitled to compensation since they have now increased the price of the water rates. I putting in a claim against them with possible court action against them for damage caused to my car and also withholding my water bill as we need to hold this private company and Lewisham Council to account.

Thames Water ‪0800 714 614 website: ‪https://corporate.thameswater.co.uk/contact-us

Forest Hill Ward Councillors
Cllr Peter Bernards
Bus. phone: 020 8314 9927
Email: cllr_peter.bernards@lewisham.gov.uk
Cllr Leo Gibbons
Bus. phone: 0208 31 46916
Email: Cllr_Leo.Gibbons@lewisham.gov.uk
Cllr Sophie Davis
Bus. phone: 0208 314 3493
Email: Cllr_Sophie.Davis@lewisham.gov.uk

This post was last modified: 02-03-2020 01:25 PM by Herbparis.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Herbparis

04-03-2020 06:57 PM

The repair still have not been repaired, I contacted Thames Water on Monday to try and get the leak upgraded. This morning I left and the contractor was present but no work was been done and returned about 4:15pm this afternoon and they was just siting in their van. I am contacted Thames Water to complaint about the them not doing any work the permit runs out on Friday which seven days to do a repair which was done a couple of weeks ago and failed time it has taken to reinstate the road. Also urge anyone who has been using the unmade road and have damaged their vehicle take photos of damage and bill also the state of the road and put in a claim against them at customer.feedback@tahameswater.co.uk if I don’t get any result will take it to the Water Regulator OWAT https://www.ofwat.gov.uk/
I am personally withholding my water bill of over £600 until they deal with my complaint if everyone done this a hold them to ransom it will put them in a difficult position. It like it you went into the local supermarket (no names mentioned) you would expect a certain level of customer services has you are paying for it. This action might put pressure on them to reduce the bills to compensate for the major inconvenience caused.

Herbparis

04-03-2020 07:02 PM

Just been informed by other resident that the road will not be opened until Sunday. This totally out of order I urge everyone to contact the three councillors to put serious pressure on Thames Water and to contact Thames Water to put in a serious complaint against them and threated them with legal action for compensation. We must hold these companies to task.

Herbparis

08-03-2020 07:35 PM

Been informed by Forest Resident Association that Thames Water want to extend the permit to Tuesday which Lewisham Council refused and they was suppose been done by Friday no work was done at all over the weekend. I am pressing the local MP Ellie Reeves to put a motion through parliament for more accountability to these utilities companies and local council to have the power to fine these companies and to stop them passing it on to the customers
ellie.reeves.mp@parliament.uk or call 020 7219 2668.

I am urging everyone that has not paid for they recent water bill to withhold it until they either reduced the bill to compensate for the inconveince caused by their failure once again where the chair is getting paid £325k (2018) per year for a two day week https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mark...-week.html
Here the pass history with the largest amount of complaints of any of the water companies https://www.theguardian.com/business/201...aints-list
We have got to hold these chairs and companies to account

This post was last modified: 08-03-2020 07:39 PM by Herbparis.

starman

09-03-2020 12:05 PM

Despite any grievance a householder may have with Thames Water, just be aware dissatisfaction would not be considered a justifiable reason to withhold payment. While thankfully Thames Water cannot switch you off, the will likely pursue unpaid bills through the legal system with recourse to county court action along with enforcement actions such as the use of debt collectors.

If anyone is planning to withhold payment then please do so with eyes wide open.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Total gridlock in Forest Hill because of Thames (Turd) Water Herbparis 7 2,352 21-10-2023 06:19 PM
Last Post: samuelsen
  P4 diversion due to Thames Water Musomum 4 1,477 21-10-2023 02:56 PM
  More Thames Water roadwork hell rbmartin 2 1,616 06-07-2023 07:03 PM
Last Post: rbmartin
  Thames Water failure - Honor Oak Road samuelsen 1 2,660 30-09-2022 09:18 PM
Last Post: Herbparis
  Water works (Thames Water) London Road SE23 samuelsen 0 2,781 17-04-2021 11:36 AM
  Thames Water Billing rip off Herbparis 1 3,343 25-02-2020 09:29 AM
Last Post: johnfbw
  Forthcoming Thames Water works (London Road) samuelsen 0 3,003 04-02-2019 03:30 PM
  Thames Water Issues SE23 Mhaze 1 4,792 12-09-2014 12:55 PM
Last Post: Snazy
  Thames Water at midnight roz 19 24,192 19-07-2011 09:37 AM
Last Post: Triangle