SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (8): « First < Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Next > Last »
What Chris Beach Did Next
StuartG

22-07-2019 06:18 PM

Admin - you really ought to add a 'Like' button Smile

I received an email last December which he made public to persons unknown.

I replied thus:

Quote:
My Dear Chris,

I had asked you to stop harassing me about this matter. To repeat - I retired as Admin three years ago, it is not my website, I have no residual moderation power whatsoever and so to do as you ask is not possible. It would also contravene the law.

Not to mention it's also technically impossible when you 38,000 ft over the Atlantic as I was yesterday and had, still haven't, any clue as to what you were even referring to.

I'm really sorry you are unable to accept this but no amount of wishful thinking on your part can change reality.

I have never lied to you Chris. Ironically in copying that accusation to witnesses you have, again, libeled me - but I will let that go.

Instead let us address the very clear and public libel you published on se23.life and Twitter concerning my stewardship of the platform on which STF operates.

You took a 'mySQL4 error' to say I was running old and unsupported software from Oracle Corporation which posed a danger to anyone using the platform. You used this as an obvious ploy to discredit me and destroy STF to the advantage of your own platforms.

This claim appeared plausible to the lay eye and I had to go to some effort to allay some fears - even to STF's Admin. Who knows what damage you really and irresponsibly did?

Based on a lie. Because you knew, or should have known as an experienced SysAdmin, that any modern platform would - or could - be using such outdated software. That the return refers to a driver mode - and is no way indicative of what software is actually running.

This platform has NEVER run Oracle's MySQL in ANY version. It runs the very latest version of MariaDB as do many of the world's leading organisations in its place - because, well we believe it to be superior and even more secure.

So your statement could not be more wrong. If it was an honest error on your part you could have quickly issued a mea culpa which is what we should, as professionals do, but you didn't. You have maintained the libel to this day.

So let's get back to removing the libels we can. Starting with with this accompanied by issuing a prominent, sincere and unambiguous public apology fairly stating the facts. [It might save further friction if we can agree a wording beforehand]

As to restitution - it being the Christmas season of goodwill - may I suggest you join me in sponsoring a roof for a homeless person over the festive season so that something good comes from this.

https://www.crisis.org.uk/get-involved/donate/

I hope you will be expeditious in sorting this. Until then its radio silence from this end.

Regards,
Stuart

Complete fantasist in my book.

I'll spare you more of the same but you see the flavour of the harrassment and threats he regulary dishes out. But no more since - as he is now the first and only human to be blacklisted on my mail system.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Snazy

22-07-2019 06:57 PM

Quote:
Should any past members contact me from the email address they originally registered with, they will receive a new password

Thanks Wink

This post was last modified: 22-07-2019 06:57 PM by Snazy.

Erekose

22-07-2019 08:16 PM

Seems to me he really should get out more. Has anyone actually met him?

Snazy

22-07-2019 08:30 PM

Unfortunately yes.
Quite different in person.

StuartG

22-07-2019 08:41 PM

Very affable, very convincing. Makes the threatening and abusive emails even more of a shock.

Maybe it isn't him but a bot he created but couldn't control ...

Stuart

admin
Administrator

22-07-2019 08:41 PM

Email reply received from Chris Beach today with no specific pinpointing of the alleged defamation, just a demand to take the whole thread down. Quelle surprise.

Snazy

22-07-2019 08:59 PM

Maybe you should run a poll about keeping the thread up, then ignore it if it doesn't suit your agenda.

I don't know the background to the claims but still call BS on it all.

I think he has a bit more to worry about than people talking about him on this thread!

StuartG

22-07-2019 09:56 PM

Naughty Admin - being admonished by ICO for non-GDPR compliance. Ironically (how many times have I used that word this week?) I discovered earlier this evening a non-redacted page of details about me now prohibited by GDPR on one of Chris' websites.

Its hard not being technicaly in breach and it ain't important and there is probably similar stuff lying forgotten on my servers too.

But moving on to the bigger picture. You can stop all this unpleasantness today Chris. No one I know wants to hound you. We just want peace, you must want peace. There is a solution. Attacking with that many skeletons in the cupboard cannot end well.

I think you are beginning to realise that something has changed and the push back is becoming stronger than the push. So please listen to those you can trust and suggesting you change tack.

Sleep well.

michael

22-07-2019 10:15 PM

I think admin should comply and star out the words '******' and '**********' and '****'. These are slurs on his good character. I can't see anything else objectionable on this thread - anybody else?

samuelsen

22-07-2019 10:25 PM

"*******" is the soft version of what I actually wanted to say, I refrained from using stronger adjective's.

Erekose

23-07-2019 06:10 AM

So he does live locally?

jgdoherty

23-07-2019 07:54 AM

Quote:
Admin - you really ought to add a 'Like' button

Is this part a light relief on the numerous requests that have been received for an equivalent on STF ?

Snazy

23-07-2019 08:19 AM

Admin of .life? No. Out in Kent now.

admin
Administrator

23-07-2019 12:34 PM

Michael wrote:
I think admin should comply and star out the words '******' and '**********' and '****'. These are slurs on his good character. I can't see anything else objectionable on this thread - anybody else?

Thanks Michael, done.

StuartG

23-07-2019 01:39 PM

Quote:
Is this part a light relief on the numerous requests that have been received for an equivalent on STF ?

You can't add what the developers won't develop. Google 'phpBB like button' if you want to see some serious forum warfare - not the pussyfooting stuff you see here or even there!

StuartMad!

samuelsen

23-07-2019 02:29 PM

Looks like lock down has started on the .xxxx forum to prevent further discussion or questions being asked. Where is their transparency, I get the feeling they are bricking it and as such trying to stop open discussion.
So can I suggest they just pronounce it could not be revived and is being put down for its own good.

But what made me chuckle was their statement
"we believe (and have been fed back) that is one of the best designed forums and easiest to use around - that is down to Chris. Simply put, the forum would be nothing without his input." Really, actually no, it's not, it is a disorganised, unstructured, unplanned, mess. Whoever purchased the template thought it was so radical and different and that it would stand out, and it does, like a sore thumb, because it's so un-user friendly.

This post was last modified: 23-07-2019 02:31 PM by samuelsen.

StuartG

23-07-2019 02:37 PM

That's your opinion. There are people who love it. I would rather go back to Usenet!

The argument I used with Chris is no design will please everyone. What marks a successful forum from the others is content. That's a function of attracting the widest range of users and curating it into an interesting trusted place.

It is noticeable that the most successful forum around here is EDF. Arguably the forum with the most clunky software. Who wants further proof.

Chris didn't buy it. I guess SE22 must be filled with an even higher class of sockpuppets then ...

Stuart

samuelsen

23-07-2019 02:49 PM

Agree totally, that content is the most significant item which draws people to use such forums. And as you say EDF is the most successful because of both it's content and level of usage. One drives the other and vice versa.

I am hoping SE23.com can increase its reach and usage, through more local content being posted on it. Looking at local twitter sites, they have content which comes from those who own the accounts/users, and which details things that have happened, are planned to happen and general events not recorded elsewhere. Maybe some of those interesting items posted across the perhaps 5 or 6 local twitter sites can be collated into one place here?

Snazy

23-07-2019 04:02 PM

Indeed most of the interesting content comes from social media accounts, a lot from outside the user base of the site.
Having such people onside and willing to generate and share such content is very helpful towards building a user base for any forum, especially a local community one. Run by the community, content from the community.

Guess the big question is, can this forum be changed enough to attract back some of its old users, and a plethora of new ones?

StuartG

23-07-2019 04:53 PM

Shhhhh. . did you hear the one about the police investigation that was so secret that even the police didn't know. Except anybody who read any of Chris' fora couldn't miss it.

So if the police do find out - there will be an investigation into the investigation - but anybody on SE23.life who does mentions it will be locked (up) by their threads.

Chapter 76 playing out on a forum not so very far away:
https://sydenham.org.uk/forum/viewtopic....20#p184889

Stuart

This post was last modified: 23-07-2019 05:00 PM by StuartG.

Pages (8): « First < Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Next > Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Concerning Chris Beach StuartG 9 8,634 09-09-2020 08:21 PM
Last Post: jgdoherty