SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (8): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »
What Chris Beach Did Next
sunbeam

21-07-2019 11:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
samuelsen

21-07-2019 12:17 PM

From everything which has been reported about him, he appears to be a very ******* person and one to be well avoided although others have a different opinion.

Personally I'd love to see his "little empire" fall all apart around him.

And he doesn't even live in either SE23 or SE26, but some place on the coast.

michael

21-07-2019 06:40 PM

I'm not here to defend him, although i will defend tunbridge wells from being accused of having a coastline.
The admin of this forum also apparently lives somewhere beyond se23 and hasn't always behaved perfectly either. I would be nice to have a local forum with some credibility and some usage.

admin
Administrator

21-07-2019 07:21 PM

I'm happy to listen to ideas for this forum. With hindsight, I realise past bans were too hasty, and I apologise for that. Those members will be more than welcome to resume their membership where they left off if they feel they can still participate. I would also like to invite regular posters to become moderators.

Erekose

21-07-2019 08:07 PM

Was he the ‘****, no **********’ chap from a while back?

samuelsen

21-07-2019 08:55 PM

Michael, I thought he resided on the coast, clearly Tumbridge Wells is not on there so my error. The point I was trying to make was that he doesn't even live here, yet he sticks his beak in , behaved as though he was a normal poster and had too much time on his hands, turns out it was his own business that he set up because he didn't like how things were done elsewhere so he took his toy's, threw them out of the pram and had a massive tantrum.

This forum is both structured and organised, what he created and attempted to duplicate was nothing less than a disorganised mess.

Now to business - I've dipped in and out of both threads on both the other forums so have a pretty good idea of what happened, it was a messy business and I'll repeat what I said earlier, I hope his empire crashes around him and he leaves SE23 and SE26 to annoy people elsewhere.

I think originally it had something to do with the piece of green land on Brockley Rise and quickly escalated from their into some sort of feud and then turned very unpleasant.

michael

21-07-2019 08:56 PM

Thanks admin. My personal view is that the technically better forum will always be preferred by most people. Being able to easily post images into posts, quote previous post, and mobile responsive. Verification of users would also be helpful as would being allowed to discuss local businesses.
But it an interesting idea that this forum could be revived.

admin
Administrator

21-07-2019 09:54 PM

Thanks for your feedback Michael. Migration to a new platform will be looked into. The advertising page has now been reworded and discussion of local businesses is welcome.

StuartG

22-07-2019 09:14 AM

Quote:
My personal view is that the technically better forum will always be preferred by most people.

Quite right. Which is why I have to post here as after three years of polite uncontroversial posts I can't post on relevant topics or even PM the mods over there.

What's the use of flashy social mediocrity stuff when they built a big wall around it to make it hard for local people to post? Surely that's the point of a community forum.

But there has been a change. Hopefully things will improve. They desperately need to.

Maybe I should start a new thread [Life Watch w/b 01/04/2020] Rolleyes

Stuart

This post was last modified: 22-07-2019 09:17 AM by StuartG.

michael

22-07-2019 10:04 AM

Stuart,
I thought you posted there yesterday.

StuartG

22-07-2019 11:03 AM

In 'General' yes. But when the main action of the week was moved to 'Local Politics' I found I was barred and unable to comunicate with the mods to see if it could be fixed given that I had useful information.

Instead the whole thing ended up being debated on Sydenham Town Forum. Good for STF, bad for the other forum.

The architecture appears to me tbe rather labyrinthine and I find I'm locked out of the more interesting bits. Given they have been losing someone who has involved in local community organisations for over 30 years, run a local business for 25, has an unblemished posting record there and on many other fora - it seems a bit sub-optimal.

I prefer the KISS approach to discussion areas. But then I started with Usenet newsgroups ... a real badge free universe!

Stuart

admin
Administrator

22-07-2019 12:28 PM

Email received from Chris Beach claiming defamation here.

Nick2

22-07-2019 12:42 PM

If you think I'm going to give out my 'real' identity to owners or moderators of local forums after this security breach and subsequent debacle then you're mistaken.

Anonymity on local forums seems to be even more necessary after this privacy breach.

This post was last modified: 22-07-2019 12:44 PM by Nick2.

Duffinamdi

22-07-2019 12:55 PM

I think he must have that phrase on a shortcut key. Get used so often.

StuartG

22-07-2019 12:57 PM

Yes, how many of these do you have in your collection?

I used to get those when he defaming me as - a sockpuppet of or for the STF Admin - oh, the irony. Eventually I just had to block him. The emails weren't pretty.

The more important point arising from this is that while the other forum is trying to rebrand itself as a trusted site - the last thing they need is their Technical Guru running wild and making vague accusations. Perhaps someone over there should have a word?

I can't see anything obviously defamatory. Maybe he could specify the quotes for you to check out and satisfy yourself whether they be truthful or not.

Stuart

hillwalker

22-07-2019 01:04 PM

If you really want to revive this forum then I think an interface change is necessary, it's very unfriendly on mobile devices. Interact and be seen - no one likes silent moderation without any justification. Also, consider opening up the wanted section. not being able to reply to requests for info is quite annoying. And you'll need to advertise that this site is back up and running - I think you've lost your core base to the other side but maybe they'll come looking now they read what's been going on (as much as they're allowed to)

Also - bring back baggyDave Cool

michael

22-07-2019 01:28 PM

Good points hillwalker, especially the bit about baggydave.
I would also like to see the return of Loneranger. We never did find out whether it is pronounced 'Lone Ranger' or 'Loner Anger' Smile

samuelsen

22-07-2019 01:52 PM

Don't be intimidated by CB, keep this thread going, far worse copy about the whole sorry saga on STF, and no threats there. I wonder why that is?

Perhaps, or maybe life extinct can and should be pronounced on his forums on the basis of the loss of trust resulting from the actions which have been reported thus far and demonstrate the level of underhandedness which has been occurring.

Obviously CB is actively checking other media to see what people are feeling and saying regarding the matter, "Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we venture to deceive"

This post was last modified: 22-07-2019 01:56 PM by samuelsen.

admin
Administrator

22-07-2019 05:15 PM

StuartG wrote:
I can't see anything obviously defamatory. Maybe he could specify the quotes for you to check out and satisfy yourself whether they be truthful or not.

Email reply sent to Chris Beach - and copied to the authorities which he's likely to have in mind.

Quote:
Would you be so kind as to specify the exact nature of the alleged defamation? I'm sure the authorities will require the same.

admin
Administrator

22-07-2019 05:27 PM

Hillwalker wrote:
If you really want to revive this forum then I think an interface change is necessary, it's very unfriendly on mobile devices.

Yes. Anyone with recommendations is welcome to contact me.

Quote:
Interact and be seen - no one likes silent moderation without any justification.

Sure. Also see my earlier invitation for anyone who would like to take on a moderator role to contact me.

Quote:
Also, consider opening up the wanted section. not being able to reply to requests for info is quite annoying.

Already done.

Quote:
baggydave [...] loneranger

Wow, your memory is better than mine. Smile Should any past members contact me from the email address they originally registered with, they will receive a new password (nefarious sockpuppets excepted, natch).

Pages (8): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Concerning Chris Beach StuartG 9 8,543 09-09-2020 08:21 PM
Last Post: jgdoherty