SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Dog Walking in the morning in Forest Hill
NOP86

09-04-2019 02:24 PM

Hi all,

I sent the following to our MP this morning. Having chatted to people walking dogs in the park I'm aware that I'm not the only person/people with this concern. If others could email as well perhaps to add weight of numbers.

Thanks,

Dear Ellie,

Firstly thank-you very much for your ongoing work as our MP.

I appreciate with Brexit and knife crime this request may seem rather mundane however as dog owners living in forest hill the park opening times in the area are causing us issue walking the dog. The Horniman doesn't open until 7.15, Mayo park 8.00 which makes walking the dog difficult in the morning. My partner used to walk the dog in Dulwich Woods however she was accosted on one of the walks early in the morning. Whilst there was no crime it did cause her worry. I then started taking the dog to the Millennium Gardens however I was approached by a group of youths accusing me of being a policeman and asking me to leave. We do have a walker who comes in during the day but we feel bad with the dog only having one walk a day.

I appreciate it is a time of austerity but is there anyway either Mayo or the Horniman could open at 6.30 in the morning? Otherwise could a dog exercise area be built in the small park across the road from the Horniman and that be open earlier? Having chatted in the park to various dog owners I do feel this would be helpful?

Many thanks,

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Good Morning Forest Hill clausy 13 12,537 10-12-2014 01:18 PM
Last Post: ForestHillier
  Forest Hill Walking Group sandy 0 4,173 15-09-2013 03:00 PM
Last Post: sandy
  Forest Hill In this morning's Metro nottinghillbilly 2 5,778 09-10-2011 06:38 PM
Last Post: nottinghillbilly