SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Forest Hill Pools
nottinghillbilly

23-07-2019 12:03 AM

I was so delighted when the pools opened shortly after we moved into the area however last year I finally had to give up hope on this my nearest centre (I live around the corner) and join a gym in Southwark.
Why? consistently having the two classes I attended there cancelled at short or zero notice, Finding very few classes or general swim times that were geared towards someone like me who works in central london and can only make classes or swim after 6.30pm on weekdays.
I felt unsafe as a middle aged and new swimmer using the pool in the wider general swim lane due to the amount of kids jumping in from the side and not being apprehended by the lifeguards (in the first couple of years there were really good guards there who walked round the pool and told kids off if they were being boistrous these guards left and the others seemed not to care)never being able to get through on the phone to check if my class was cancelled or full and when I occasionally did get through finding reception utterly clueless.
I complained many times to the various general managers (trust me I'm not a complaining type person-I complained because I care about this new valuable community asset being properly run) was always told things would change...they never did. gym equipment out of order for weeks.
The final straw was the filth-ladies toilets poolside often unusable due to being blocked or strewn with filth, Changing rooms with crumbs on floor, soiled items etc and smelling strongly of urine (probably because the toilet is unusable) slippery floors by the pool and in changing areas.
once when I pointed out that a council gym and pool I use near work which was much busier was never as filthy I was told it was "the fault of the local clientele" SO...forest hill people are more disrespectful and dirtier than anywhere else?? I've used council gyms all over the place I don't believe that to be the case. Its a poorly run centre full stop.
I now belong to a council run gym contracted to someone other than Fusion. In 2 years of membership I have no complaints of sort mentioned above in any of their sites.
I really am amazed that Fusion still have the contract with Lewisham as FHP is a heartbreaking example of how badly they run things.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Forest Hill Pools - Cllr Sophie Davis - 26-02-2019, 12:46 PM
RE: FH Pools - Cllr Sophie Davis - 08-05-2019, 12:08 PM
RE: Forest Hill Pools - BigED - 20-05-2019, 12:33 PM
RE: Forest Hill Pools - BigED - 01-07-2019, 01:52 PM
RE: Forest Hill Pools - Cllr Sophie Davis - 03-07-2019, 09:44 AM
RE: Forest Hill Pools - nottinghillbilly - 23-07-2019 12:03 AM
RE: Forest Hill Pools - Cllr Sophie Davis - 25-09-2019, 12:00 PM