SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
?BBC actor? offering ?cocktail party without the cocktails??
JaneD

28-02-2009 02:19 PM

Does anyone know this man? He is middle aged, often uses an assumed foreign accent and/or some kind of disguise, and he approaches me about once a year in Forest Hill and environs. He says he is one of a group of ?BBC actors? who invite ?interesting looking? strangers to monthly parties. I see him now and then talking to other people, always women, on the buses and in the streets. He asks for your phone number but refuses to give his own. I am intrigued about what the purpose of all this is, as it must take up a huge amount of his time. I put a message on a Lordship Lane forum years ago and had a couple of responses from other people who have met him, but nobody had actually been to a party. Would love to hear if anyone knows more.

Jane

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brian

28-02-2009 03:15 PM

Sounds very dodgy to me.

gingernuts

03-03-2009 04:39 PM

What does he look like?

roz

03-03-2009 08:03 PM

Well, I haven't been importuned, so I guess I'm not interesting enough. Ask to see his Equity card.
I have a theory but this is a family website so I'll keep my thoughts to myself.

Bonnie Blue

03-03-2009 08:59 PM

**Sharp intake of breath**
I don't believe he is an actorLaugh

Sherwood

03-03-2009 10:18 PM

It sounds like a good chat up line!

JaneD

03-03-2009 10:34 PM

I half expected someone else to have come across him, what with all the interesting people that frequent this forum.

He looks in his fifties, slim, not particularly tall, with light coloured thinning hair, and a rather pale face.

Maybe it is a chat up line but it seems a very elaborate way of getting a phone number, especially the disguises and the foreigh accents...

Happysnapper

04-03-2009 03:35 PM

It does sound a bit dodgy...at least he wasn't offering you a 'cocktail sausage' Rofl

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bonnie Blue

04-03-2009 09:54 PM

I wonder how much success he hasLaugh
he hasn't chatted me up yetMad

zlwzlw

05-03-2009 03:06 AM

I have also been approached by him at the bus stop outside The Capitol about a year or so ago. One evening a 176 bus pulled up and he asked me how to get to Tottenham Court Road and I said it was the bus that was at the stop, then a few nights later at around the same time he was at the bus stop again and approached me, reminding me that I had given him some information on the buses a few nights previously and then inviting me to some sort of cocktail event, which I think he said takes place on one Thursday evening in each month and he apparently is some sort of scout for them, as he seemed quite strange I declined. I was a bit spooked but I have seen him since on the bus and at the bus stop and he has not approached me again.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields