SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Can anyone get a doctors appointment in Forest Hill?
Hillier

18-10-2018 07:50 PM

Not been able to get a same day appointment at wells park practice for two years. I’m very unwell and the walk in clinic I relied on in new cross has closed?
Apart from going to A&E which puts pressure on an over burdened part of the NHS where their attention needs to be on medical emergencies what is one to do? I called to book an appointment for next week to be told it’s half term we are fully booked!!!
Any advice please?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mrplough

18-10-2018 10:06 PM

I've been with Wells Park Practice for many years and I do manage to get appointments using the online booking system. The telephone booking system was always a bit of a lottery, especially first thing in the morning. I'd highly recommend switching to the Patient Access online booking system.

https://app.patientaccess.com

Hope things improve for you!

Hillier

19-10-2018 08:36 PM

Thank you MrPlough

Snazy

23-10-2018 02:30 PM

I have to echo the comments of MrPlough, 100% Patient Access is fantastic to have for sure. Only other advice is to go down there at opening time, on the odd occasion I have been desperate, I have always managed to get an appointment by being there first thing. Not always practical I appreciate.

stefan

24-10-2018 02:54 PM

I am with Vale Medical Centre and if you are there first thing in the morning you will get an appointment, if you call in the morning you have a wait on the phone but always got an appointment for the same day. You cannot book an appointment in advance it is all same day but it works quite well

Hillier

24-10-2018 06:35 PM

Thanks Stefan
Might look in to changing surgeries

Sherwood

25-10-2018 11:31 AM

At my surgery they hold back some appointment times and release them at 8.00 a.m. & 14.00 p.m. every day.
I telephone around these times to get an urgent appointment the same day.

nottinghillbilly

11-11-2018 12:48 AM

We gave up on wells park practise where we've been for years.
I've tended to rely on walk in centres in New Cross or Soho near my work as its been so impossible to get an appointment at wells park.
once I had to go to A&E after an allergic reaction to a bite took a turn for the worse after 2 days of home medication after not being able to get an appointment and my whole face swelled up and my eye closed.
Ive tended now to rely on self medication and the clinics above for the past couple of years

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  GP appointment waiting times Cowburglar 4 5,645 12-03-2013 06:19 PM
Last Post: SonicAttack