SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Food waste collection - outfoxed!
Snazy

06-06-2018 08:51 AM

RE the food caddies, they are indeed just thrown back in the direction of the nearest house, a bit like the other bins being left anywhere. While I realise it is time consuming to put them back at the exact house, it can't be that hard to at put them back a little more neatly and considerately.

RE the garden bins, the last email I got said the following.

We currently have a shortage of brown bin and our delivery timeframe is now between 6 to 7 weeks from the date you subscribed. You will definitely receive your bin asap.

When I suggested that I was paying an annual subscription, and was unhappy paying for a service I was not receiving, I was quoted this..

Quote:
Regarding our collection service, this is what it says on our website: ‘’Please note that our garden waste collection service runs each year from 1 April to 31 March. Your subscription will always end on 31 March, no matter when you joined. Sign up before April to make sure you get the best value for money.’’

And from our Terms and Conditions, please see the two clauses below:

6. Container delivery and container

6.1. The Council will deliver your container(s) within 21 working days of your application subject to 6.2 below.

6.2. Occasionally the Council’s delivery to you may be affected by a clause 13 event. If the Council is not able to deliver the container(s) due to operational reasons or stock shortage, the Council will deliver the container(s) as soon as practically possible.

13. Force majeure (events outside the Council’s control)

13.1. Neither party shall be liable for any failure nor delay in performing their obligations where such failure or delay results from any causing that is beyond the reasonable control of that party. Such causes include, but are not limited to: power failure, internet service provider failure, industrial action, civil unrest, fire, flood, storms, earthquakes, acts of terrorism, acts of war, governmental action or any other event that is beyond the control of the party in question.

I understand how frustrating it can be but to make a complaint about late delivery or paying for a service you’ve not been able to use, please send an email to envirocasework@lewisham.gov.uk and a manager will definitely get back to you.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Food waste collection - outfoxed! - SEN - 29-05-2018, 09:01 AM
RE: Food waste collection - outfoxed! - Snazy - 06-06-2018 08:51 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Extension of Lewisham's Garden Waste Collection councillorsusanwise 5 8,076 13-04-2010 12:43 PM
Last Post: tripandfuschia
  Lewisham Council Free Green Garden Waste Collection Sites councillorsusanwise 0 4,312 09-03-2010 08:21 PM
Last Post: councillorsusanwise