SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Food waste collection - outfoxed!
Snazy

04-06-2018 04:42 PM

On the topic of the caddies, they are flimsy, but just about up to the task at hand. That said, the lock on them bends about all over the place.

Would be interesting to see if any foxes have indeed learned to knock the handle down to get them open. Maybe just by pure luck? Is it happening a lot?

Re foxes, they are a very love / hate thing. Personally I am not bothered by them, no worse than cats, and certainly more welcome than rats.
Feeding them, hmmm, not a fan I have to say.

Westminster Council did a review a while back about the rat population, especially around Soho, and found one simple fact. Mankind is to blame.

Foxes are the same, while we call them dirty, it is the human race who needs to act. Not so much by culling, but learning to be responsible for their own rubbish. While foxes are fed by humans in a limited number of cases, and one of two catch something and eat it, the rest successfully scavenge from the filth of us humans.

Back to the caddy again, I hope that the design is under review. Friends from other boroughs tell me some of theirs are of better and stronger design. I am yet to see for myself.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Food waste collection - outfoxed! - SEN - 29-05-2018, 09:01 AM
RE: Food waste collection - outfoxed! - Snazy - 04-06-2018 04:42 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Extension of Lewisham's Garden Waste Collection councillorsusanwise 5 8,076 13-04-2010 12:43 PM
Last Post: tripandfuschia
  Lewisham Council Free Green Garden Waste Collection Sites councillorsusanwise 0 4,311 09-03-2010 08:21 PM
Last Post: councillorsusanwise