SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Trains and transport getting worse in our area
nottinghillbilly

01-05-2018 10:54 PM

Over the past few months I've noticed the train services and also the bus routes getting worse and worse and just really needed to vent about it and see if others feel the same.
The overground trains to and from Forest Hill are getting more and more overcrowded..ditto the Canada Water interchange and jubilee line platform going westbound.The trains are often delayed and slow running to Canda Water or London Bridge.
London Bridge trains have at least one morning rush hour cancelation every day.
Evening overground trains are almost always frequented by sometimes aggressive beggars.
Often we have 2 weekends a month with no train service
The 176 timetable has been cut and I wish they'd re-instate in back to Oxford Circus rather than the a**e end of Tottenham Court road.
I've lived here 7 years and am finding getting to and from my work in central London on time harder and harder.
on more than one occasion its taken 90mins to get to Bond St!
Wondering if others feel as worn down by it as I am.
We can't afford to move more centrally and I can't get a similar job in the local area.
I pay £1500 a year in travel costs for a dwindling service.
Its a lovely area but its getting to be a drag living here because of this.
A girl I work with Moved to Honor Oak 6 months ago and is now moving out of the area again because of the nightmare journey to and from work.
Starting to wish I could follow suit

This post was last modified: 01-05-2018 10:57 PM by nottinghillbilly.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Trains and transport getting worse in our area - nottinghillbilly - 01-05-2018 10:54 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Living in Honor Oak Park: area guide to homes, schools and transport admin 0 3,357 08-03-2017 12:17 PM
Last Post: admin