SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Roadworks on Dartmouth Road - will they ever finish?
hillview

25-04-2018 09:24 AM

So things are not actually going to go ahead as described yesterday, and there is a further delay. Here's the update this morning from Cllr Maja Hilton:

Quote:
After all the promise that the resurfacing will start Wednesday night, this email was sent to the Council officer later yesterday:

I would just like to confirm that the drainage connection on Dartmouth Road next to Heron House will be completed by tomorrow midday that will then allow us to backfill and compact the sub base to the lower layers of the road construction.

As we will need to reinstate the carriageway to match the existing concrete carriageway by fixing Dowel bars and placing C32- C 40 High strength Concrete, the concrete will need time to cure before placing the Layers of Binder Course and Surface Course

The Concrete needs a minimum of 7 days Curing as we are using high early strength concrete we can reduce the curing time to 3 days dependant on weather conditions we would recommend that the resurfacing is carried out next Monday 30th April for 3 nights plus 1 night contingency starting south end of the project allowing extra time for the concrete to cure in the middle of the project .

Cutis will amend all surfacing information notices and extending the permit with our permitting manager.

This post was last modified: 25-04-2018 09:25 AM by hillview.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BigED

01-05-2018 10:05 AM

Anyone know if the resurfacing work has started in Dartmouth Road? It's May now - can anyone remember when the works started? It's starting to feel like they have always been there.

samuelsen

01-05-2018 12:50 PM

Still no definite date to when these works will be complete.

Wednesday is YOUR ONE CHANCE to change the way the Ward and borough is run and vote in councillors who are willing to stop the one party state we have.

Likewise vote for a Mayor who will stir things up and get Council Officers to do what is needed rather than what they want to do.............

We pay for the council to function, go out, vote and make a difference. Their really has never been a more important time to dictate change in the way the council is run. It is supposed to be run to benefit us, not dictate to us.

BigED

01-05-2018 04:06 PM

While I wholeheartedly encourage all those who are entitled to vote to exercise that right, most people will find it more productive to do so on Thursday, when polling stations are open.

samuelsen

01-05-2018 04:36 PM

Sorry, yes, I meant Vote on Thursday and make a difference in Lewisham.

BigED

04-05-2018 09:15 AM

Apparently Dartmouth Road re-opened this morning. Can anyone confirm that? The poor bus drivers will probably have to re-learn the route after being on diversion for so long.

Mr_Numbers

04-05-2018 09:44 AM

Yup - Dartmouth Road is open, paved, smooth, freshly-painted, and ready for its next burst water main to blow the whole damn thing up again. Wink

Sherwood

04-05-2018 11:45 AM

Yes.

I saw a 197 turn left from Dartmouth Road into London Road and I saw a 176 in London Road today.

Yippee!

Sherwood

07-05-2018 09:03 AM

The buses have been on diversion for so long that when the 176 stopped at Horniman Museum one of the passengers was very confused!

The Hill

09-05-2018 04:27 PM

As I no longer live in forest hill could someone please take some pics of Dartmouth rd now finished and post them on here ,I would love to see how it now looks Bryan

Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  London Road/Honor Oak Road roadworks again rbmartin 4 2,737 02-03-2023 06:53 PM
Last Post: rbmartin