SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Roadworks on Dartmouth Road - will they ever finish?
samuelsen

23-04-2018 04:56 PM

Will Sadiq be coming to Dartmouth Road this Sunday to cut the ribbon and re-open Dartmouth Road, who know's, if only TfL could count but that's just wishful thinking. So people get ready to celebrate and I bet a few businesses along Dartmouth Road will have a huge sigh of relief if the road actually does re-open as has been stated by TfL on 28th.

Now, call me cynical, but with the Mayoral Elections (and do we really need another Mayor when the Council ran perfectly well without one before Steve Bullock, (did he really make any difference, well no the only difference was the increasing Council Tax bills to pay extortionate Executive salaries in the council. With Lewisham having recently appointed it's new Chief Executive from Rotherham, let's hope he shakes things up and restores some order

You'd have thought one of the not so bright Mayoral candidates would have noticed that local issues matter and picked up on the lengthy closure of Dartmouth Road and pressed for it to be re-opened. Clearly they missed the boat on that one.

Anyone read the guff presented by the main political parties for this Mayoral election, well I'll sum it, no policies or manifesto, just tons of yap and hot air. How do they think they are going to get elected and win without a manifesto that engages all parts of the community to improve life in the borough.

I won't be holding my breath because in the one party state here that is Lewisham Council. it already is a forgone conclusion about who will win. So regrettably the one party state will remain and those who are supposed to serve us will continue to operate and ignore those they are supposed to represent. Welcome to Lewisham!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Roadworks on Dartmouth Road - will they ever finish? - samuelsen - 23-04-2018 04:56 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  London Road/Honor Oak Road roadworks again rbmartin 4 2,905 02-03-2023 07:53 PM
Last Post: rbmartin