SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
An early(!) shout for cricketers next summer
jumbognat

09-12-2008 04:56 PM

I play friendly cricket for small club called Belair Corinthians in Belair Park, about a 5 minute walk from the Crown & Greyhound. We?ve seen the Stanford millions coming into the game and, well frankly we want a piece of the action. However, despite a fine record against some pretty tough friendly local oppo last season, apparently we?d have to win a national domestic competition to qualify.

Undaunted, we?ve identified a local league as our first step on the ladder to cricketing fame and fortune. However we realise that if we?re to make it big, we may need help.

We?re looking for players. Appreciate it?s a funny time of year to be recruiting, but if we?re to go ahead and join a league we need to be confident of having a decent squad of players. If you?ve played cricket to pretty much any standard, and fancy a bit of regular cricket next summer, then please give me a shout.

Thanks - Jim

You may have spotted a similar post if you follow the EDF. Appreciate the club's not based in SE23, but myself and a few of us live down this way. Hopefully we qualify!

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields