SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Big Issue seller outside Sainsbury's
Scorpion

13-06-2008 07:39 PM

"They" WERE there today.
I was/went out for approximately 5 hours today.
The guy with the Croydon BI badge was outside Sainsburys FH this morning/just before mid-day with the little girl, again.
When I was returning home (got off a bus and entered Sainsburys) he was again (or still?!) outside Sainsburys, with the female child (she is under 3, I think?)
This was approximately 5.30pm

Thankyou very much indeed Paul, for your input and some clarification.

These particular sellers (mainly the women, at least two - though I have not seen them lately, whenever I have been past) DO hassle customers of Sainsburys, and others people passing by, all the time and they do block the pavement, often.

Anyway, just some input, again, from myself and some feedback.

Getting weary of it all myself, but I totally disapprove of children being (used) out on the street for ? amount of time, alongside their guardian/parent who is selling something (good and worthwhile - the magazine itself, AND the cause)
So, I am posting my own personal thoughts/comments, again.

To me, the big issue is NOT who is selling the magazine, or even the fact they are selling it (it serves a good purpose and is good way to help raise funds for what it was intended - the homeless) nor is it important to me WHERE they are from (originally or otherwise) - it's the fact that THESE PARTICULAR SELLERS of The Big Issue DO harass and bug people, incessantly and now have resorted to having children accompany them - not good for the child (or children, as has been reported here that a baby was also with the man and female child, before)
I must just say here though, that the man does not appear (on the few times I have seen him) to harass, in general, like the women do/did.
It seems he is using "emotional blackmail" instead
(seems to work too, and probably better than the more "in your face/space" attitude of the (previous) women)

Sue

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Big Issue seller outside Sainsbury's - Scorpion - 13-06-2008 07:39 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Big Issue seller outside Sainsbury's Herbparis 81 84,995 27-01-2011 11:35 AM
Last Post: Dillwihs