SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Big Issue seller outside Sainsbury's
bigbadwolf

19-03-2008 05:20 PM

Taffhamster. You included me in a group who you feel have chased you out of this forum, please let me set the record straight. Post 95 wasn't related to an on going discussion between you, Nevermodern or anybody else for that matter. My post was aimed at everyone who persistently comments about the removal, status and legality of the Big issue vendors outside Sainsbury's who believes that the Big issue head office is going to make some drastic and sweeping changes to the situation. The fact is EVERYONE, is that they probably don't care! The B.I office I imagine is most probably inundated with petitions from many of the more well off villages that grab more headlines and have more wealth, legal and political clout than Forest hill has so we are put to the bottom of the pile and will remains so for the fore seeable future. My main point to all those who have been hammering out this thread for the past 4 months is that if you want to live in the biggest city in Europe then you're going to have to put up with some of the less prettier aspects of life here. If you want to drive into work your going to have to deal with the traffic, if you have to go out late at night you have to look out for muggers and other human threats and if you want to live in a city of nearly 8 million then your going to have to accept that there are those poorer than you who have to resort to less dignified means of putting food in their mouths, and you may sometimes brush shoulders. I hope I've made my point in an un-patronizing tone, so Taffmaster if your reading this come back to the fold but along with everything else cool on this forum your going to have to put up with some flack as well. See you soon.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Big Issue seller outside Sainsbury's - bigbadwolf - 19-03-2008 05:20 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Big Issue seller outside Sainsbury's Herbparis 81 84,999 27-01-2011 11:35 AM
Last Post: Dillwihs