SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Big Issue seller outside Sainsbury's
roz

03-03-2008 01:02 PM

[align=justify]My point is that everyone seems to be picking on these people and making assumptions and constructing scenarios based on their ethnicity and expected behaviours, and also seemingly so determined to demonstrate wrongdoing in some capacity, even though there are some more ' innocent' looking people out there ripping us all off more brazenly. Everyone previously assumed that she was being fleeced by a gangmaster who transpired to be a member of her family. The BI confirmed that this was all legit.

I feel the same about the recently publicised Lee Jasper matter. He may have overstepped the line, but I found a disproportionate amount of detailed attention and focus given to this issue when millions are squandered by utility companies,and other public bodies.

Just because someone gets out of a BMW doesn't mean there's anything amiss . No, I don't sanction fraud, however if they are legitimate BI sellers and the BI don't have any concerns then is it anyones business how they spend their money?

If I am wrong, I will of course do the decent thing.....

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Big Issue seller outside Sainsbury's - roz - 03-03-2008 01:02 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Big Issue seller outside Sainsbury's Herbparis 81 84,992 27-01-2011 11:35 AM
Last Post: Dillwihs