SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Attempted Mail Theft
Samurai

05-10-2017 03:41 PM

Good afternoon all,

We've just had DPD visit our house on Taymount Rise, where the driver alerted us to an attempted theft.

Apparently, as he parked up in his van, but before he had a chance to get out of the vehicle - a black male around the age of 25 claimed that he was expecting a parcel for our address, and asked for it.

The thing is, the driver knows us very well, and realised the guy was obviously trying it on, and told him to do one.

As I've received this information 2nd hand I'm still waiting on a description. We do have CCTV but I believe it happened just out of view but I'll have a look to see if he was caught on camera and post any images I can get (if any).

I'll obviously be warning other couriers that deliver items to watch out for people trying this scam.

On another note, I found a guy creeping around the side of my garden about a month ago. He was white, middle aged and wearing what looked like a tracksuit. I'd heard a noise outside my window, and thinking it was a fox or a dog, I took my time to check. However when it happened again, I glanced out of the window to see the guy walking away with his back to me. I ran around the front of my house to see he made his way down the hill and walked onto the green at the bottom left where the white buildings are.

We have one camera in the back garden, but it doesn't cover the point where I had seen and heard him. Looks like I'll need to invest in more cameras.

What is going on in Forest Hill lately? It never used to be like this.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Attempted Motorcycle Theft shaman 2 4,383 21-05-2016 10:59 PM
Last Post: samuelsen
  Attempted scooter theft in Kemble Road Erekose 4 7,875 23-04-2013 12:50 PM
Last Post: gelgie hop