SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
DWP claiming monies back
ForestHillier

24-07-2017 09:46 AM

Apologies for boring you all with my problems - however was hoping that someone on here would have some advise

Sent the form about my l;ate mums death to DWP on 9.6.17, so they would have received it on 12.6.17

Closed mums post office account where her pension was paid into on 5.7.17

Post Office sent us a cheque for £388 which we banked and used in mums estate to pay other debts

Just received 2 letters from DWP debt people saying this pension was paid in on 5.6.17 and they want it back

I have written to them asking why they did not take the money back from account during period of 12.6.17 - 5.7.17

Also told them that there is now no money left in estate

Will they ask me to pay this money back and will they ask for receipts of things we have paid out from the estate as i dint believe i have them all

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
samuelsen

24-07-2017 11:31 AM

Think you'll find that they ask for it to be repaid for the last week of life as they were not in there own home. It seems to be standard practice and you'll be required to pay the amount back. Unlikely to want receipts, just the over payment returned.

ForestHillier

27-07-2017 10:27 AM

Thank you for reply - I called them yesterday and they said that if money had been used in Estate and the Estate had not gone to probate and now no monies left in Estate, then the overpayment would just stay on their records as unpaid

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields