SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
My favourite place of worship in SE23
robwinton

10-11-2007 02:30 PM

There is something odd about a lecture on worship from someone called Zeus! Rofl

I've come to the conclusion, after walking around most of SE23 already (reference the blog that BaggyDave listed above) that Christ Church on Church Rise/South Road is very much the centre of Forest Hill for the simple reason that pretty much ANYWHERE you go in this area you get a different view of the spire. Of course, geographically it is not the centre, nor is it in the older/posher area on the other side of the tracks, but it is the reference point that emerges.

It is now one of those churches being converted to flats, so once again a symbol of what is happening in Forest Hill today.

I'm sure many will disagree, but even the Horniman (which may be the main draw for visitors) can only really be seen only from London Road as you drive past and very few other locations (one of which happens to be from in front of Christ Church).

My vote for the place of (ex)worship goes to Christ Church.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: My favourite place of worship in SE23 - robwinton - 10-11-2007 02:30 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Which is your Favourite Pub in SE23? michael 66 68,152 24-05-2009 08:21 PM
Last Post: oryx
  Favourite SE23 Google Map Picture Perryman 16 15,811 23-03-2009 04:59 PM
Last Post: Happysnapper