SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
My favourite place of worship in SE23
Zeus

10-11-2007 02:15 PM

Most of the beautiful old churches in the area have been converted into posh apartments and living space - not a bad thing if it retains the local landscape. In fact these old churches are part of the wonderful views of Honor Oak and Forest Hill and partly what make the area feel as if it hasnt changed for a hundered years or so. It was only the other day, as I walked down Manor Mount I marvelled to myself how lovely the view was. A bright autumn sun shining through the golden and partly dressed trees that line the grand victorian houses, beneath the church spire high above. Walk through Horniman Gardens (behind the bandstand) and you will see another classic view with church spire in the distance. Doubt very much if you can actually worship in any of these churches but you might be able to buy a one bedroom apartment for ?250k! Serves you all right for not worshipping on a Sunday any way.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: My favourite place of worship in SE23 - Zeus - 10-11-2007 02:15 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Which is your Favourite Pub in SE23? michael 66 69,256 24-05-2009 09:21 PM
Last Post: oryx
  Favourite SE23 Google Map Picture Perryman 16 16,175 23-03-2009 05:59 PM
Last Post: Happysnapper