SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
To today’s mattress flytipper on Horniman Drive
67Park

03-04-2017 08:22 PM

Well done you total idiot, we have at least four cameras trained on where you in your little silver van flytipped your mattress and baby gate today at 4.45 p.m. on Horniman Drive! I also took a great video of you slipping away, you, your van, and your reg number, you weasel. Sleep tight. All the authorities have been informed, they are currently looking for you, it will not be long until they collar you. See you next Tuesday!! Oh, and anyone else looking to do the same thing, you have been warned!

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
samuelsen

03-04-2017 09:09 PM

You didn't happen to also film the fly tipper about a week ago (think it was the 24th who left a load on Horniman Drive by the mast and then left there ripped out kitchen in the middle of the road at the end of Westwood Park?

If by any chance you did can you pass their details to the authorities so that idiot gets lifted as well. Might even be the same t**t.

wynell

03-04-2017 10:02 PM

Shame we can't catch the fly tippers on Shifford Path as well

Red67

04-04-2017 06:54 PM

..you can add the 'every weekend like clockwork' flytippers who keep dumping stuff on Sydenham Rise. Probably the same people doing a 'i'll clear your cr*p for 20 quid, no questions asked' number who drive around and distribute it in the same places every time.

It would help if folks used the local dump or paid the guys with genuine waste licenses to take their stuff away...Yes, it might cost you more, but it ends up costing all of us in the long run.

blushingsnail

12-04-2017 05:09 PM

Lewisham still operate a free mattress collection service so there's really no excuse for dumping mattresses:

https://www.lewisham.gov.uk/myservices/w...cling.aspx

samuelsen

12-04-2017 05:15 PM

That is really useful to know, thanks for posting the link.

BT

13-04-2017 07:55 AM

As some of you may know I used to live in Forest Hill but now live in Norwich. I've just looked at how the two Councils compare.

Lewisham charge £15 for 3 items

Broadland charge £25.65 for 3 items plus £8.55 for additional Items (up to 6)

The list of exclude items is almost identical in both cases..

I've always thought that making a charge isn't necessarily the most cost efficient way of dealing with the problem. I would have thought that a free collection service would help considerably in reducing Fly Tipping, especially when the Council has to clear it up eventually anyway. People are always going to be tempted to go for the 'free' option, including Fly Tipping, rather than pay for it, and the excluded items, which tend to be the larger items, are the most difficult to dispose of yourself.

On a lighter note I had my bath tub replaced with a walk-in shower and put my metal bath out for collection by a waste metal collector, It was however 'Stolen' by someone else before they arrived.

davidwhiting

13-04-2017 11:31 AM

I came across fly tipping twice in the same spot in Forest Hill. The flytippping in both cases included correspondence with the address of a property and a name. Both addresses were out of Borough.

Lewisham Environmental Services were very pleased to receive the photographs which I took on my mobile.

I'm not sure what the outcome of their investigations was.

samuelsen

03-02-2018 12:29 AM

They're back, nice big dump at the top of Langton Rise, looks like part of someone's roof, mattress and fridge freezer thrown into the load this time, I doubt anyone heard or saw anything???

Any comments / input from the local SNT on the matter, or in fact catching the toe rags dumping their c**p?????

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New residents on horniman drive Mondella 0 3,402 23-02-2014 04:00 PM
Last Post: Mondella
  Low to no water pressure on Horniman Drive Mhaze 2 5,135 13-09-2013 10:56 AM
Last Post: Hillstop