SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Loud Biker Boveney Rd
Poppet2

10-01-2017 05:47 PM

Has anyone else heard this loud biker? Every night or a couple of times every night the noise is unbelievable. It really spoils such a quiet family road.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
squashst

10-01-2017 07:07 PM

I am in Garthorne Road close to Honor Oak station and I can hear loud bikes. There have been other threads about this. sadly not sure what the answer is. Police will not pursue juvenile bikers due to health & safety (e.g. biker has no helmet / throws it off). It is a modern plague.

bonobo

11-01-2017 11:49 AM

Yes i heard it last night from Devonshire road.

Perryman

11-01-2017 03:18 PM

Biker gangs used to parade up and down PV every summer, on 3, 2 and 1 wheel, but not this last year.
It wouldn't surprise me if one or two have been seriously injured - it was only a matter of time - and perhaps it does not seem such fun any more.
Or maybe they have found a more thrilling route, via Devonshire Rd.Laugh

Scorpion

11-01-2017 09:32 PM

Just to add.
Please do not confuse the word biker with all people who ride "bikes" (Motor) especially vehicles ridden by true bikers, those who people often label wrongly, along with rock, metal, biker, hell, angel etc. They actually, mostly, will have more respect for people than those "bikers" targeting this area (and others) those who rob phones etc.
Many of the disrespectful kind ride their mopeds (or those they have stolen) or other vehicles, and mug people for their possessions, with covered faces.
Proper, old, bikers would not do the things many of these law breakers do.

Just putting "the biker thing" into perspective - ie NOT all bikers are law breakers, but peoples old views on bikers, maybe, should change as there is a NEW kind of biker who DO break the law, and often.

Regards
Sue

BT

12-01-2017 07:53 AM

I agree. These idiots give normal Bikers a bad name. I rode a Bike for many years. Ideal for getting to work despite having to suffer the weather it gets through the traffic. I only had commuter bikes and rode them considerately, but regularly saw other bike riders riding inconsiderately.

rach8

19-01-2017 11:19 PM

For the 2nd night running I can hear either bikes or a car revving constantly. Based by sydenham rise.

milliemop

22-01-2017 11:04 AM

I have been hearing this too for the last few nights (Stillness Road) and it could be coincidental but a Deliveroo bike went by yesterday making the same awful noise!!!

Poppet2

06-02-2017 05:06 PM

It's several times throughout the day. Isn't it illegal to take the silencer off the bike, hence the dreadful noise?
The noise is similar to a car with a broken exhaust.

fionan

08-02-2017 02:14 PM

I saw the rider and it was deliveroo - I reported to the company two weeks ago and they said they would investigate - obviously they have done nothing! Maybe if others reported they might take notice

Londondrz

08-02-2017 03:30 PM

The Deliveroo rider has been reported on here and the other local site. Deliveroo dont seem to care. Would suggest you take to Twitter, companies dont seem to like that.

Has anyone taken the registration number of the scooter, that would help.

This post was last modified: 08-02-2017 03:32 PM by Londondrz.

shzl400

09-02-2017 09:41 PM

What Scorpion and bt said. Not all bikers bad bikers - particularly not the more dyed in the wool bikers, if you know what I mean. (Or am I just getting old?)

We heard apparent 'loud bike' noise last night too - I though it might be a quad bike, one of a few that hang around here.

humbolt

10-02-2017 11:11 AM

I've seen the guy scooting about the area with his Deliveroo box on the back. It sounds like a WWII Doodlebug about to come down out of the skies and explode. Presumably he derives some satisfaction from the colossal racket it produces? None of these guys are what you might refer to as 'Bikers'. Their bikes, actually they're nearly all scooters. Are just a way of propagating whatever misery they're distributing about the neighbourhood. None of these two-wheelers will pass muster at their MOT inspections. That's why you need to hang onto the original, quiet exhaust system and put it back on before going down to the test centre. Thumbdown Naturally, the Police are very unlikely to enforce the law in the interim. I'm just a bit surprised that Deliveroo don't seem to have any minimum and enforceable standard to which their, self-employed riders have to adhere.

fionan

10-02-2017 12:20 PM

I have sent Deliveroo more messages linking to the forum complaints and still nothing - I am not on twitter - can those who are please complain on twitter - they may not have a legal obligation to do something but they do have a moral one - and I assume they care about their brand reputation.

Londondrz

10-02-2017 01:29 PM

Fionan, more than happy to do so but need the scooters registration details.

fionan

10-02-2017 04:52 PM

Will keep an eye out and let you know

fionan

10-02-2017 05:17 PM

Got this from Deliveroo this evening - have suggested they email their bikers in the area to give them the heads up they are investigating so the person involved can get it fixed sooner than later - ideally someone will come up with a registration they can take immediate action - please let me know if anyone gets the reg or bike/rider description - thanks

My name is Rory and I work with the Serious Complaints team at Deliveroo.

I am very sorry for the problems that you have been experiencing.

Apologies for the delayed response. Deliveroo considers this matter an absolute priority and we have been investigating this complaint carefully and thoroughly.

When investigating issues such as these, rare as they are, Deliveroo is only able to utilise the information held on our own systems. Unfortunately. we have been unable to locate the rider involved in this incident with the identifying details available to us.

Deliveroo does hold a variety of information on our systems which we to use to record rider positions. However, the data we hold is limited by a number of practical and technical constraints and is designed to improve our logistical performance, rather than to isolate specific individuals. I apologise that we have not been able to locate the individual in question, we will continue investigating and any information you are able to provide will be helpful.

Our rider partners are able to purchase Deliveroo branded equipment whilst they are riding with us. As a result, the possession of Deliveroo branded equipment is not necessarily an indication that a person is currently associated with our company or conducting business in partnership with us. It is possible, therefore, that the individual is no longer a rider partner of ours. We take false representations of connection to our service extremely seriously and our legal team takes active steps to prevent this.

Deliveroo will continue to take all reasonable actions to ensure that no residents or communities are adversely affected by our operations. We have a team dedicated to rider operations and they are reviewing a range of potential measures to better address issues such as these. However, as our rider partners are self-employed independent suppliers these improvements are often logistically complex to implement and need to be individually rolled out over a gradual timescale to ensure that their effect is as positive as possible.

The police or the local council may be able to come to firmer conclusions regarding the identity of the individual in question. If you do wish to report this matter to the authorities, we will assist with any further investigation.

Londondrz

10-02-2017 05:21 PM

Nice get out by Deliveroo! Sneaky

Erekose

10-02-2017 11:23 PM

Pass the sick bag as we used to say.
Following recent cases I wonder how much longer their 'employees' will remain 'rider partners'?

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields