SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (5): « First < Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] Last »
Buses
ChrisR

12-02-2009 03:28 PM

Just a warning to everyone that uses buses to be extra careful these days particulary in relation to keeping your valuables safe as pickpockets are working in the area. I had my purse taken from inside a handbag within 2 minutes of boading a crowded 185 to FH station last night! The thief got off at the next stop just before I realised what she had done. The police indicated there has been a rise in this type of theft recently.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
voyager3

12-02-2009 03:40 PM

I had my purse taken from inside my handbag as I boarded a P4 to Brixton at Lewisham bus station at approximately 6pm one evening last March. The thief got off again straight away, having asked the driver if it went to New Cross (which it obviously didn't) and then legged it when I challenged him. The police told me something similar at the time about there having been a spate of similar crimes. Is disappointing it still seems to be happening almost a year later.

brian

12-02-2009 04:11 PM

Thanks for the warning
If they get caught hope they get a long term in prison.

shzl400

13-02-2009 02:24 PM

I also had my wallet lifted out of my handbag on a heaving P4 setting of from Brixton just over a year ago. I felt the jostle, but only checked my bag, once I could actually move. Exactly as in the other cases related above, the thief got off at the next station. And the police - they didn't give a monkey's!!

There wasn't much money in the wallet - less than ?20, but the huge inconvenience of replacing all the cards (inc. loyalty cards) and the loss of all the receipts etc. and other bits of paper was a right pain! Also I was fond of my wallet and couldn't find a new one I liked as much.

I now carry a rucksack with the wallet at the bottom, so anyone wanting to pinch it would have to have a good old furtle around. So much better than at the top of an unzipped handbag! The trick is to make yourself into a less attractive target than the next person. These lowlives only go for easy pickings.

Pages (5): « First < Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields