SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
How to contact the local neighbourhood police? Roll on CPZ
Soupdragon

29-10-2016 04:05 PM

Does anyone have a current number for the local police officer, or who
I should contact to try and resolve an issue with parking?
Someone in my local area thinks the space in front of my dropped kerb is his personal parking spot. They block my drive and my neighbours too. My mum is disabled and can only visit if she can use my driveway, and the family next door have a little girl who is poorly and whose condition means she cannot walk very far. Not sure who it is as it could be one of a hundred dwellings.
Roll on CPZ ! Does anyone know if a decision has been made regarding Dartmouth Rd/ Derby Hill/Derby Hill Crescent/Thorpewood yet?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
borderpaul

30-10-2016 01:06 AM

I am sure they will be waiting for your call though I don't know where they are waiting since the local police station is being turned into flats.

http://content.met.police.uk/Team/Lewisham/Foresthill

Main phone number: 020 8721 2723

wynell

30-10-2016 10:07 AM

Unfortunately CPZ will not solve the problem if the intruder has paid to park in the Zone!
The law is the that exit from your drive should not be obstructed, however, blocking your access into the drive is just tough luck. The council will for approx £80.00 mark the access to your driveway with a white I----------I they say this does act as a detterant but again is not legally enforceable for entry.

I have had varying success with a polite note from screwed up and thrown at house to culprit apologising and moving on.

I have on occasion parked across the drive myself which surprisingly results in alternative parking slots being chosen.

I have a personal gripe that the Station car park Perry Vale is vastly underused due to cost. Surely a reduced price would see it fully used and the resulting revenues would be in excess of the current income for no additional outlay save for adjustment of the ticket machine....simple really 15 cars at £5 as opposed to 50cars at say £2.50/3.00 but what do I Know!!

borderpaul

30-10-2016 12:50 PM

Nobody can park over your driveway in a CPZ even if they have a parking permit without the risk of a fine.

The council will paint a yellow line over it which becomes depending on your view a deterrent/revenue raiser. Most people won't risk a £40 fine to park on a yellow line, whereas most people don't get fined for parking on the white H as it is not enforceable.

A lot of people will park across your driveway as they will get away with it, knowing the police don't intervene or will say wait an hour. One of my neighbours told me that a lot of people when they are caught parking over their driveway, just walk away saying I am only going to be a few minutes and don't engage in discussion or care.

These are the people who will never park in the car park even it was free because your driveway will save them 10 minutes of their very precious time.

Soupdragon

30-10-2016 02:46 PM

Thanks, have tried that number, but it is an answerphone, and they don't respond if you leave a message. CPZ should help, as permitted parking zones are normally marked, and they don't mark in front of a dropped kerb.

Soupdragon

30-10-2016 02:49 PM

If we have CPZ then we won't have commuters/people using the swimming pool and library and non residents parking round here, and there will be room for all the residents to park with consideration.

wynell

30-10-2016 03:22 PM

If you consider £120/year reasonable for parking outside your House then I believe the council will oblige providing sufficient residents agree. Think I read it has to be 75%

borderpaul

30-10-2016 04:33 PM

If you were to park your car on your driveway during the CPZ hours then you wouldn't have to pay anything per year.

So it is a decision between paying nothing to park on your driveway with legal enforcement of your right of access to your driveway in a CPZ or paying nothing with no way to legally enforce your right of access.

I don't have a driveway but if I had loads of issues with inconsiderate parking, I'd go for the latter.

robin orton

30-10-2016 04:54 PM

Quote:
Roll on CPZ ! Does anyone know if a decision has been made regarding Dartmouth Rd/ Derby Hill/Derby Hill Crescent/Thorpewood yet?

The idea seems to have been dropped because of insufficient local support - see http://www.se23.com/forum/showthread.php...014&page=5 - although I haven't seen any official announcement or report on the consultation.

borderpaul

31-10-2016 12:35 AM

0n the lower section of Thorpewood, there was sufficient support for a CPZ which won't surprise anybody who has tried to park there.

The council said in the consultation document it would consider some parking controls for this section so it is likely that you will see some parking controls there in the future but that will be for the residents and council to decide.

I don't think there was much support amongst the other streets but now they have got Dartmouth Road improvements and may have some form of parking control on Thorpewood to look forward to.

robin orton

31-10-2016 11:22 AM

Quote:
...but now they have got Dartmouth Road improvements...

Have we? Not the last time I looked.

Poppy9560

31-10-2016 01:52 PM

surely the council would provide disabled parking for your neighbour?
If you explained about your disabled mother they may provide that too I would have thought

Sherwood

31-10-2016 08:17 PM

Once you get one CPZ it creeps further as vehicles are displaced into neighbouring roads.

wynell

02-11-2016 06:18 PM

Slightly off subject I requested that double yellow lines be put on the corner of my road as some people park right on the curve. Which means as people enter and someone is exiting the need to wait means you block the main road. This applies to many roads off Perry Vale so I asked if it could be investigated.

Unfortunately LBC traffic department have exhausted their budget for this fiscal year. So I put forward my suggestion that reducing the price of the PV station car park might actually increase revenues so we will see what happens.
This might also be why the Devonshire Road changes are not Happening?

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Message from Forest Hill Police Safer Neighbourhood Team admin 0 2,942 03-08-2020 05:08 PM
Last Post: admin
  Updates from your local police Safer Neighbourhood Team SgtBiddle 70 60,893 09-05-2018 04:41 PM
Last Post: BigED
  Local Police Message re Reporting Crime admin 0 4,115 05-09-2017 02:21 PM
  Warning from local police re unattended property in vehicles admin 0 3,585 29-08-2017 06:54 PM
  Police Warning Issued to Local Beggar hillview 3 6,887 15-08-2017 01:49 PM
Last Post: Erekose
  Crime prevention advice from your local police - bogus callers michael 1 4,448 28-11-2014 02:55 PM
Last Post: ForestHillier