SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
LETS trade!
roz

17-11-2008 02:30 PM

http://www.letslinkuk.net/

I'm not sure whether this has been discussed before or whether anyone has any experience of exchange schemes but I wonder whether there would be any interest in having such an arrangement locally in se23, especially given that times are hard and are set to get a little harder for the next few years. Almost everyone has something which they can ' give' be it time, professional advice, DIY, swopping toys and books etc.

Can people let me have their views?

thanks

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
admin
Administrator

17-11-2008 02:36 PM

Have you seen http://letslewisham.org ?

roz

17-11-2008 02:38 PM

No but I have now! Will investigate further , thanks.

bigbadwolf

17-11-2008 02:41 PM

I know we've crossed swords before Roz but this is an excellent idea. What I think we should do is perhaps with admins permission have another section of the forum that lists certain areas such as planning issues or advice on fixing your car to the fastest way to the moon! Under each field forum users can if they wish pop their username such as my name would be under issues that deal with the built enviroment i.e if you want some advice on subsidance or a structual survey carried out. All services will be for free but nobody should be made to feel obliged in anyway to pitch in if they have other plans. The best part of this scheme however is that it will bring our community even closer and hopefully bring more forum members. Nice one Roz.

blushingsnail

17-11-2008 04:11 PM

There was an article about a local scheme in the Forest Hill Society newsletter earlier this year: http://foresthillsociety.blogspot.com/search/label/LETS

admin
Administrator

17-11-2008 04:22 PM

Quote:
I know we've crossed swords before Roz but this is an excellent idea. What I think we should do is perhaps with admins permission have another section of the forum that lists certain areas such as planning issues or advice on fixing your car to the fastest way to the moon!

Not sure that's what Roz had in mind. However, any such threads can be started in Beyond SE23 - if there is sufficient interest a new forum section may be considered.

Dotcom

18-11-2008 09:59 AM

Hi admin, I think both ideas are great.

nevermodern

17-02-2009 06:40 PM

Is anyone a member of Lewisham LETS? Was reading about LETS the other day and it sounded like a good idea. Are there a wide variety of skills present within the scheme?

Contrary Mary

17-02-2009 10:20 PM

I believe there is a meeting for prospective members on the 28th - one of the links in above posts will probably get you to more info on that.

I'm not yet a member myself, but have signed up, been sent a few details, and am now waiting for info on how to get my ?2 joining fee to them, given that I cannot make the meeting. So if anyone out there is a member, and knows what I should do, please PM me....

Bonnie Blue

18-02-2009 02:08 PM

I have never found that trading works out
The value of one service for another is hard to do because some services cost more than others
ie Hour rates differ for good reasons and presumably peopel would like public liability with their trading
BUT
a hair cut will differ in terms of cost to a meal or a burst water pipe

Personally I would not get involved. I would rather pay for what I need

annsquire66

18-02-2009 09:28 PM

This scheme sounds rather similar to the timebank which Hexagon Housing Association sent me details of. Not sure if it's limited to Hexagon sevice users only though. http://www.hexagon.org.uk/content/commun...e-bank.asp
Either way, the concept is not without merit. Everyone has something to offer, even if they would not identify it readily. And we don't all have friends with such a diverse range of talents!

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields