SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (4): « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] Last »
2018 proposed changes to Southern timetable
SEN

15-01-2017 04:23 PM

I got a reply from TfL having written to the London Mayor about the proposed cut in London Bridge trains. I suggested the Mayor use his influence to stop Southern cutting the services, and referred to the risks at Canada Water due to more overcrowding. I was disappointed (not surprised) by the response as it ignores this and links things back to the Mayor's desire to run suburban rail services. See below for more.

I suspect TfL would make the same cut, I don't think they get South London.

That being said they have done better than Southern who are yet to reply - they have responded twice saying they can't see an attachment, a simple Word document, but even that took them a couple of weeks both times. Guess their complaints and PR team might be a tad busy at the moment...

Thank you for your email of 3 December 2016 to the Mayor about your experiences with the Southern train service. Unfortunately, Southern trains are not run by Transport for London (TfL) and it is therefore not within the Mayor's remit to address these issues.

The Mayor recognises the impact that the poor levels of service on the commuter franchises are having on rail users and that this has been going on for far too long. The Mayor continues to press for the long awaited transfer of suburban rail services to TfL to be made a priority. This will allow the Mayor to set tougher standards of performance and help ensure those standards are met by providing passengers with more frequent services and new, longer trains.

In the meantime, you will need to continue your dispute with the train operating company concerned.

Southern can be contacted directly via: http://www.southernrailway.com/p/contact-us/
or by telephone on 03451 27 29 20.

You can also make a formal complaint to the London Travel Watch, who can be contacted by writing to the following address:

London TravelWatch
6 Middle Street
LONDON
EC1A 7JA

Email: enquiries@londontravelwatch.org.uk
Telephone: 020 7505 9000

London Travel Watch is the official watchdog organisation representing the interests of transport users in and around the capital. They can assist with complaints about transport services in London where the service provider has not satisfactorily resolved them.

I hope this helps you.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hare on the hill

23-01-2018 09:25 PM

During the London Bridge rebuilding Southern increased the time between New Cross Gate and London Bridge. What used to be a 12 minute journey was made much longer. Should they now reduce back the time now the work has been completed? The 2018 timetable hasn't changed as far as I can see.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pages (4): « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  September Southern Timetable changes rbmartin 17 8,406 01-10-2022 12:18 PM
Last Post: rbmartin
  Southern Timetable Dec 2015 BleuPeep 3 5,305 31-12-2015 10:43 PM
Last Post: rbmartin