SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Chandos: Extension of Opening hours
Delfi

26-07-2016 05:31 PM

I was walking past and noticed that there are some notices in the window about a 'minor variation' to their license.

Hours extended to 1am on a Thursday, until 2am Fri&Sat and midnight Sunday.

Deadline 29th to voice any concerns to the council

Licensing@lewisham.gov.uk

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Poppy9560

27-07-2016 10:21 AM

do the bars on Honor Oak Park open this late as well?

fazmandcc

27-07-2016 02:00 PM

No they don't. No bars in this area open till those hours. Even ones in far more suitable locations, I.e not close to residential.

Jam circus, which is on a high street(of sorts), the Chandos certainly isn't with both entrances facing residential streets, has variations between 11.00 sun-wed, 12.00 thurs and 1.00 on fri/sat.

The license suggests to 1.00 most days and 2.00 at the weekend. Outrageous when you consider the noise that comes from the pub, only worsened by the later hours recently.

Any objection should be under one or both of the following:

Prevention of public nuisance
Prevention of crime and disorder

And as mentioned by the original poster - email by the end of play tomorrow, better still today if you can.

Licensing@lewisham.gov.uk

michael

27-07-2016 02:39 PM

Stone Bar stayed open until 2am on Friday and Saturday but they actually had a licence until 4am!
Chandos currently has a licence to serve alcohol until 1am most days, 2am on Friday and Saturday, and midnight on Sunday.

You can download the full list from http://www.lewisham.gov.uk/myservices/bu...fault.aspx

My suggestion would be to request outdoor drinking is stopped after 11pm. This appears to be a condition for the Honor Oak Pub, or perhaps they just do it to please neighbours. Either way, it seems like a good solution.

The council would need a very good reason to reduce the hours of the existing licence for the Chandos.

fazmandcc

27-07-2016 02:55 PM

I would say the positioning of the stone bar (high street) and the Chandos (more residential) are quite different.

And as someone who is affected by their licensing arrangements and conduct, I'll certainly put as strong a case forward as my limited capabilities allow!

I'd rather compare to the Brockley Jack - big community pub, serving food, thriving and stops serving at 11.00p.m every night, except Sundays when they have the courtesy to stop serving at 10.30.

I live in hope, and if that appeals to others on here, please put in your objection.

At least we can say we tried.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Sainsbury's Forest Hill - Sunday Opening Hours admin 35 37,657 08-03-2016 11:39 AM
Last Post: Mr_Numbers
  Pub opening hours on Christmas Day SeanThomas 6 9,554 20-12-2013 05:41 PM
Last Post: mgmonkey
  Bird in Hand looking to extend opening hours SElady 1 6,113 21-05-2013 12:40 PM
Last Post: SElady