SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Honor Oak Road lorry ban petition - pls sign
Devonish Forester

26-07-2016 03:23 PM

Quote:
Opening Manor mount to two way traffic would make it a thoroughfare to the south circular

Would it? What would be the impact of changing the No Entry to a No Right Turn?

OK on the downside it would mean more passing traffic for 1 - 18 Manor Mount;

on the plus side: 1) easier access to the town centre car park (the council says it wants to invigorate the High St); 2) less waiting time for passengers on P4 bus waiting in the queue on Honor Oak Road to turn right into London Road; 3) reduced traffic on Devonshire Road, Woodcombe Crescent, Ewelme Road, Benson Road, and Tyson Road.

Of course it is speculation until the Council actually does some impact assessments and trials, which they seem uninterested in doing.

Apologies to Honor Oak folk for going off topic.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
johnfbw

26-07-2016 03:46 PM

Yes it would. People would turn left there instead of queuing for the traffic lights to ruen left.

The main reason people don't use the two council car parks seems to be they can park for free else where

It probably wouldn't effect any one of those other roads as they are already fit to breaking point

Perryman

26-07-2016 10:13 PM

Wood Vale is not hilly, unlike Honor Oak.
It has been a main road going back before records were kept.
It has shops and even a pub not that long ago, the name of which escapes me...

Devonish Forester

02-08-2016 05:40 AM

johnfbw wrote:

Quote:
Yes it would. People would turn left there instead of queuing for the traffic lights to turn left.

Yes, allowing the left turn would enable vehicles to turn left there, and some would use that route to join the South Circular.

Quote:
The main reason people don't use the two council car parks seems to be they can park for free else where

No-one really knows this without doing extensive surveys, but I know I would use the Sainsbury's car park if I could get to it more easily and that would mean I would be spending in Forest Hill - the Butchery, Sainsbury's and other shops - rather than Beckenham or East Dulwich which are further but less hassle.

The Perry Vale car park is not well used because it is not connected to where people want to go. It needs a footbridge across the railway.

Quote:
It probably wouldn't effect any one of those other roads as they are already fit to breaking point

It would definitely relieve pressure on other roads in Forest Hill.

Londondrz

02-08-2016 09:20 AM

DF, what bit about the road at the bottom of Manor Mount being too narrow for two way traffic escapes you? The system was set in place due to a high volume off accidents with traffic going down Manor Mount too fast.

Lets face it, you don't live there so dont care, all you care about is saving 2 minutes on your journey.

Londondrz

02-08-2016 06:43 PM

Sorry, a bit petulant of me but it annoys me when a system that works for the people who would be most affected by any changes is changed to suit people who are inconvenienced because they have to sit in a comfortable car, aircon on listening to Kisstory. Cool

Devonish Forester

05-08-2016 06:14 PM

Quote:
the road at the bottom of Manor Mount being too narrow for two way traffic

All I have suggested is - could we think about (among other possibilities) changing the No Entry to a No Right Turn - into Manor Mount from Honor Oak Road.

Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Please sign the petition Remove the franchise for Southern Rail from Govia Thameslink m00ky 18 16,004 26-08-2016 07:27 AM
Last Post: m00ky
  Please sign! Campaign to slow down speeding cars on Woolstone/Cranston/Houston Road theblondemilitia 3 5,955 13-07-2016 10:49 AM
Last Post: Joe90
  Road sign failure at Pearcefield Avenue gbrownings 4 5,794 20-11-2013 05:35 PM
Last Post: gbrownings
  Change Devonshire Road Traffic Flow Petition yomster 4 6,860 13-10-2013 06:49 PM
Last Post: shzl400