SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Honor Oak Road lorry ban petition - pls sign
Devonish Forester

12-07-2016 11:39 AM

Quote:
I would be interested in more information on this. What's your aim beyond making one road quieter and more pleasant. Won't the effect be to make other places proportionately worse?

I have asked the Forest Hill Councillors and the Mayor of Lewisham to support a review of the traffic flow through Forest Hill as a whole, but it seems clear they support the status quo.

It is very difficult to find out how decisions like this are made and the reasons for previous decisions. For example, the No Entry to Manor Mount from Honor Oak Road - there is no information available from the Council. NOTHING AT ALL! No survey data, no impact assessment studies, no minutes of the meetings where the decision was taken. The same is true of all the No Through Roads, One Ways, and partial closures between Forest Hill and Honor Oak Park on the East side of the railway. You might think there would be records of surveys (technical surveys and resident surveys) but there is - so I am told - nothing available.

The system resembles freemasonry more than democratic accountability.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Honor Oak Road lorry ban petition - pls sign - Devonish Forester - 12-07-2016 11:39 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Please sign the petition Remove the franchise for Southern Rail from Govia Thameslink m00ky 18 16,418 26-08-2016 08:27 AM
Last Post: m00ky
  Please sign! Campaign to slow down speeding cars on Woolstone/Cranston/Houston Road theblondemilitia 3 6,079 13-07-2016 11:49 AM
Last Post: Joe90
  Road sign failure at Pearcefield Avenue gbrownings 4 5,909 20-11-2013 06:35 PM
Last Post: gbrownings
  Change Devonshire Road Traffic Flow Petition yomster 4 6,975 13-10-2013 07:49 PM
Last Post: shzl400