SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Sadiq Khan
ForestHillier

09-06-2016 09:33 AM

Tells lies just like all the other MPS - what a shock.

In his manifesto to be mayor, Londoners will not have to pay anymore increases for travel on TFL until 2020 if im elected, then as soon as he is elected,its changed to only pay as you go being frozen

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Londondrz

09-06-2016 09:44 AM

And I think we all knew this at the time. Still, you get what you vote for. I wonder if he will bring the bendy busses back Laugh

Nomis46

09-06-2016 09:52 AM

To be fair he has frozen the fares which TfL have control over for four years...DfT set the fares for travelcards...

ForestHillier

09-06-2016 10:15 AM

Thanks - however for those who dont know this, would have thought he meant all fares would be frozen

jaradras

09-06-2016 10:40 AM

Well thats what happens when the electorate read the headlines from newspapers etc & do not bother to look behind the headlines or don't do any research/analysis -we have become so used to forming an opinion or a view based on a quick flick through newspaper headlines.

His mainfesto clearly states that he will " freeze all TFL fares" ; his campaign website allso carries the same message " freeze all TFL fares". That is what he will do. One can ask why this was not explained to Londoners by the media/by the mayor & the distinction not drawn during the election campaign between TFL and non TFL fares. There was so much coverage & we were all happy reading about his dad being a bus driver/or the Cameron episode about Sadiq Khan affiliations with some alleged ISIS sympathiser - who he had met at what meeting etc - complete distraction from the real issues.

Waiting for the next chapter on the Garden Brdige acros the Thames where costs have escalated - over £60m public money - £30m from TFL and £30m from Treasury, total cost around £200m & then further annual running costs, undecided yet who will pay for that - I guess it will be us Council Tax payers as usual. He has gone from"conditional support" during the campaign, to "support" for the scheme as mayor.

It is our fault for not scrutinising what we read & not challenging them , so we end up electing the wrong people !

ForestHillier

09-06-2016 10:42 AM

Thanks for your somewhat rude reply

PollyEster63

10-06-2016 05:18 PM

I don't think the reply was rude, slating someone without the full facts, however....

ForestHillier

11-06-2016 07:51 AM

maybe im not as intelligent as you and the poster who i said sent a rather rude reply - yet i would read below as having a pop at me

Well thats what happens when the electorate read the headlines from newspapers etc & do not bother to look behind the headlines or don't do any research/analysis -we have become so used to forming an opinion or a view based on a quick flick through newspaper headlines.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields