SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (3): « First [1] 2 3 Next > Last »
Bampton Estate redevelopment
stefan

20-05-2016 12:28 PM

Does anyone have more info regarding the Bampton Estate redevelopment/demolition. Council meeting from 11.11.2015 state Planning submission Spring 2016 and Completion 2018. It seems to have gone all quiet now!

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BamptonRoad

21-05-2016 11:04 AM

I presume you're referring to this:
http://councilmeetings.lewisham.gov.uk/d...ration.pdf

Para 7.12 there suggests that timescale was ambitious.

I also found this FOI request (not mine): https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/b...ion_witn_2

stefan

23-05-2016 11:13 AM

Thank you Bampton, thanks for posting the links - ambitious is the right word - I cant see how they can re-house hundreds of residents that quickly

Sophiebabe

03-07-2016 12:30 PM

Last week on Bampton Estate there were people surveying the area again! It looks like plans have changed to their previous intentions.

I have had huge issues on a number of occasions with Lewisham Council and FOIs. They avoid answering the question and the Information Commission have stepped in, but they still avoid answering the question of redevelopment of Bampton Estate.

Note the huge mistake in the last council meeting regarding the construction date of the estate. At the meeting they were told it was constructed in 1980, they were constructed in 1965.... only 15 years out!!!!

I know there are also big safety issues regarding the parking on the estate. During the night and early mornings LFB and LAS cannot get passed the ridiculous parking by Newbridge Point, which blocks access to Standlake Point.

I'll keep you all posted if I hear any more.

wynell

10-07-2016 07:25 PM

Hi around 2 years ago L&q had a meeting on the green of Shifford path, being opposite I walked across and after a rather rude response you are not a resident!

I mentioned that due to the location of my house I had some right as to developments etc. A senior guy came over and gave me a copy of a discussion document that stated the properties were probably uneconomic to upgrade therefore they would probably be the subject of a compulsory order.

Owner occupiers would get 10% over market price plus expenses, Landlord owners would get 5% and l&q tenants would get compensation and rehoused. Long since filed the notice (bin) so may not have figures exact but general gist of what was being offered. Never heard any more but the houses continue to change hands so I assume they are purchased with the possibility of demolition noted.

Sophiebabe

18-07-2016 04:25 PM

Last week they were carrying out surveys of the utilities on Bampton Estate last week. Not sure if they did Shiffold or Witney path though.

wynell

18-07-2016 08:31 PM

Interesting I have a tenanted flat in Standlake often get complaints the parking is overflowing. I have seen people park to walk to the station and there were some cars that looked abandoned at on point judging by the dust covering.

Whilst not a fan of controlled parking might be an idea to have allocated parking which would see a large number of cars disappear I believe?

Sophiebabe

06-09-2016 06:04 PM

Does anyone have any more updates? According to the Housing Led Regeneration Opportunities meeting dated 11th November 2015, they that planning application and approval should have been completed by now.

I suppose it's going to be another FOI.... I have noticed if you try to do a search on their website to find this PDF http://councilmeetings.lewisham.gov.uk/d...ration.pdf it doesn't come back anything. So there could be information on there but it's not search indexed :-(

There is also over 5 vehicles that are SORN and don't live on the estate :-(

Wynell_Workman

10-09-2016 01:56 PM

Lewisham have clearly decided to do something with the Shifford/Witney path part of the estate. I would guess that about 1/3 of the houses are now empty yet I can't find any information regarding either the current stage of the planning process or any details of possible construction proposals.

I would be nice to know what's going on.

wynell

10-09-2016 02:22 PM

Surprised houses are empty can't say I have noticed? However they seem to be being bought and sold certainly Shifford Path.
Also given the dumping of unwanted household furniture and general rubbish I assume people are moving in or out or updating. Noticed a lot of L&q vans around as well are they doing maintenance/repairs?

Intriguing given the lack of housing and the uneconomic refurbishment of the style of housing(quoting the l&q manager 2014) it would seem that a scheme of low rise dwellings to replace the houses would be more than cost effective. Interested why there seems to be secrecy from Lewisham?

Wynell_Workman

10-09-2016 08:16 PM

It does seem odd that there is so much secrecy however, given the way Lewisham have conducted themselves regarding the acquisition of land around Millwall FC and the closure of Beckenham Place park, it doesn't surprise me.

If you have a walk around the estate you'll see that many houses are now empty and this has been happening for some time. There is clearly some sort of strategy in place. One of the houses opposite out house was sold at the start of the year and has remained empty ever since.

It would be nice to know what's going on before the squatters discover and exploit the opportunities L&Q are providing.

wynell

10-09-2016 09:18 PM

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/b...ation_witn

This site deals with FOI enquiries, as stated L&Q are not a local authority therefore are not subject to FOI conditions.
However there is a response from Jon Fish who works for L&Q His comments appear to support the view that the houses are uneconomic to refurbish and reviews and consultations are on going with residents.. So if I was a betting man I would guess that they will take some time to see what the market does as if prices fall then compulsory purchase costs reduce? Possibly Brexit and their investors will also have influence. So in conclusion buy them,demolish them and build new/more intensive but only when the market/price is right.

Wynell_Workman

10-09-2016 09:32 PM

I can't remember where I read it but I'm sure I saw that there were plans to build a total of 600+ units across the sites. Given the potential for a sudden drop in house prices (although who really knows what post-Brexit economic changes will come our way), I would be keen to sell right now if offered the opportunity.

I would guess that most of the empty buildings are the 250 L&Q and LBL owned properties. I would assume that many of any new homes built would have to be affordedable or social housing. If the 600 homes figure is correct, I'm sure L&Q would happily off-set £20million set aside for CPO against potential profit.

As I said earlier, the fact that homes are bring emptied would suggest that some kind of plan is being put into action.

wynell

11-09-2016 12:04 PM

I would wager there will be a mix of homes for sale as well as for rental as L&Q will want some immediate cash to show investors a quick (ish) profit.

As always when you sell up is a game of chance and you still have to live somewhere
ideal if you move somewhere cheaper and can get mortgage free or at least lower.

I know that the 'points' Radcot Standlake etc are trying to form a residents association but those blocks are owned by LBC so perhaps the same for Shifford and Witney would enable an approach to L&Q with some authority to gain an insight into their plans and even control to some extent. Simple really if they pick off homeowners one by one which your observations would suggest you will get a worse deal. Good Luck

Perryman

12-09-2016 10:23 AM

Social cleansing aside, I hope they do not develop on Wynell Green.
It acts as a lung to Perry Vale - somewhere for the diesel particulates to settle.
It also gives the youngsters somewhere to run about , which does not sound that healthy, but probably better than just sitting in front of the TV/computer.

Wynell_Workman

12-09-2016 10:49 AM

A bit dark Perryman but point taken. I suspect that any future development will fill the entire block.

BamptonRoad

12-09-2016 11:26 AM

The original document, that I linked near the top of the thread, suggested starting building on the site of the hard play court and surrounding land. This land contains many mature trees. These shouldn't be cut down. It is hard to see how they will get any building done there without doing so. The play court is well used by local kids. It is a good facility.

wynell

04-10-2016 09:46 AM

Survey company van and 3 chaps with sheaf of papers outside Standlake Point?

I know from previous enquiries that the Points are owned by LBC but the Shifford/ Whitney path houses are L&Q.

Tried to see which houses are empty but not easy as some of the window dressings and immediate surroundings would indicate possible abandonment, however, they are occupied given coming and going of people.
Also they seem to still be being bought and sold with various estate agents boards displayed. Confused if compulsory purchase is on the cards as well as uneconomical to upgrade status why not do something? With clever planning you could at least treble the occupancy and still retain the trees and most open areas to provide a pleasant and much needed extra housing.

Sophiebabe

26-01-2017 04:08 PM
wynell

27-01-2017 07:02 PM

Thanks Sophiebabe

Makes for interesting reading as an owner of a flat in the points the statement that some major works is planned for the 17/18 fiscal year first I have heard of it.

Previous works to replace the intercom system was a farce the cost per unit was around 30% above market rates in fact I offered to have the work completed with video and a custom brass keypad for 65% of the cost.
However, I am sure that contractors are chosen entirely on merit with no links to any councillors or any form of reward.

I would certainly fight to retain as many of the mature trees in the area. I have previously written to the tree officer at LBC to enquire about listing the trees not to obstruct building but to ensure some are retained- no response, no reply on phone and no way to leave a message.

I think the sites of Shifford and Witney will be redeveloped makes sense given the amount of work required on rooves and walls as well as Windows and doors.

From a selfish point of view hope they include parking facilities as Wynell Road is getting more and more crowded with Shifford cars as no one uses their garage.

Pages (3): « First [1] 2 3 Next > Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Consultation on potential new homes on Bampton estate Lewisham Homes 0 3,741 13-12-2017 04:26 PM
Last Post: Lewisham Homes