SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
BT broadband advert on TV, unreadable T&Cs
localbigwig

20-04-2016 10:47 PM

Are my eyes failing or have BT made the T&C at the bottom of their ad unreadable,with a strange font and with white lettering on a black background.

They also make the small print so small on their printed through the post ads that they are also unreadable. Mine go straight into the recycling box!

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BT

21-04-2016 06:14 AM

I can't say I've noticed it but this seems to be the norm for many TV ads. There are rules obviously and I'm sure they abide by them.

As to text and background colours there are even rules that apply to those but it has been well know and proven that White on Black is one of the better combinations.

Here's the BCAP guidance notes all 12 pages Thumbup

.pdf File  BCAP_Advertising_Guidance_Notes_1.pdf (Size: 293.79 KB / Downloads: 299)

localbigwig

21-04-2016 09:09 AM

Thank you Bt for sharing your Knowledge on the subject.

I am sure that the BT group would have met their legal requirements but I tried many times to read the content of the T&Cs during this ad and have failed every time.

I guess in the grand scheme of things this is just a trivial annoyance, but my instinct is always to dismiss the whole message if I think there is a catch to an offer.

BT

21-04-2016 09:42 AM

I think the 'Small Print' on TV ads is only there to satisfy the rules. Very few even give you time to read them even if you can actually see them . I suppose if you really want to read them fully most TV's and Boxes allow you to pause the picture now, so that's one solution.

This post was last modified: 21-04-2016 09:45 AM by BT.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields