SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Parcels Stolen on Whatman Road Honor Oak
pericles

09-05-2016 09:54 AM

On Thursday 5th May around midday or the early afternoon a workman doing some work on the street noticed that two young men had set upon the Royal Mail postman and were threatening him and demanding to be given all the parcels. The workman chased them off and called the police, who arrived in a few minutes. I spoke to the postman on Friday 6th May and he confirmed that the young men had been taken about 8 parcels including some taken from under people's door mats on the same street. One parcel was found ripped open round the corner. The whole matter was reported to the police.

I wanted to bring this to the attention of the forum to be vigilant in the Honor Oak/Forest Hill area about this sort of crime, and consider making other arrangements for parcels while these two young men are at large.

If you see two young men acting suspiciously and lifting people's door mats, it might be worth reporting that to the police as well.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Londondrz

09-05-2016 10:39 AM

OK, can we have a hint. Some form of description. Thank you for the heads up, appreciate it.

crassbelch
Banned Troll

09-05-2016 01:13 PM

[Post removed due to abuse -admin]

This post was last modified: 09-05-2016 01:13 PM by crassbelch.

ibis10

09-05-2016 02:05 PM

The workman in question was doing some work for me. He told me that he went to answer the doorbell and found that the postman was being harassed by two young men - in their twenties, black, wearing shorts but no shirts (sunny day). They had apparently been following the postman for quite some time. They were very unafraid and weren't easily chased away until they realised the police were on their way. Lewisham police were there very speedily and spent quite some time patrolling the local streets to see if they could find the two men but without any luck.

I know the postman was back at his job pretty quickly too and can only hope that this experience hasn't affected him too badly.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Burglary on Whatman Road 9/02 napoleonskid 0 3,510 10-02-2013 11:47 AM
Last Post: napoleonskid