SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
No buses for 3 weeks servicing Dartmouth Road
ohyeahkitten

28-10-2008 04:03 PM

Hi,

I noticed a sign at the bus stop that the 176, 197 and 122 would not be running on Dartmouth Road starting 27 October for 3 weeks. (Although I've seen the 122 on Dartmouth the last 2 days).

The sign tries to explain how the diversion works, but I can't make sense of it. I usually take the 176 or 197 from in front of the Sainsbury's, up Dartmouth Road, then get off at the Woodman (right past the roundabout at Dartmouth and Kirkdale). Does anyone know if these 2 stops will still be open for service?

I hope this makes sense. Thank you in advance.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brian

28-10-2008 04:11 PM

I have not seen this but can only go from past experience when Dartmouth Rd closed.

197 and 176 from Lordship Lane turn up Sydenham Hill then go down Kirkdale.
Not sure about 122 but think from Stanstead Rd , up London Rd then down Syd Hill

As I say this is what has occurred in the past. Thanks for mentioning this.

marianna

28-10-2008 04:51 PM

My 176 from Kirkdale went along Dartmouth Road yesterday but not this morning. Went up Kirkdale, down Sydenham Hill, then left towards Hornimans Museum. Presume will do the reverse this evening.
I have to say the diversion is not well-publicised.

ChrisR

28-10-2008 05:19 PM

From TFL website:

DARTMOUTH ROAD, SE23: Routes 122 176 and 197 are diverted northbound only and subject to moderate delays from 1000 Monday 27 October for about 3 weeks due to Victorian water mains replacement works.
DIVERSION
Towards Forest Hill:
From Kirkdale diverted ahead via Kirkdale, Sydenham Hill, Sydenham Rise, Routes 176 and 197 then divert left into London Road to line of route, Route 122 diverts right into London Road, Devonshire Road to line of route.

AMFM

28-10-2008 05:45 PM

So, in short, it's probably quicker to walk than taking the diverted route? Although if carrying heavy shopping I guess there are different considerations!

ohyeahkitten

28-10-2008 05:47 PM

So will the 176/197 stop in front of Sainsbury's be open to head towards Sydenham? The explanation of the diversion is not helpful (at least not to me).

ChrisR

28-10-2008 07:03 PM

It should be as according to TFL website the diversion is only from Kirkdale towards Forest Hill

davey2

29-10-2008 10:32 PM

buses are going up dartmouth road from the station to kirkdale but not the otherway.

i did see them going up dartmouth road tonight.

why they have shut that road again i will never know its not that long ago that part of the road was all shut down for a gas main now its water.
why can't these companies work together??
would save us a great deal of time.

Baboonery

30-10-2008 01:45 AM

And now, of course, the whoppers who park half on the pavement in front of my flat are now parked ENTIRELY on the pavement. And I saw about three vehicles travelling the wrong way, then nipping in just before the crossing point and turning left into London road, because they're allowed to because they're more important than anyone else.

davey2

30-10-2008 08:47 AM

you will always get people that think road closed does not apply to them.
god help anyone that try's that next week when i am going up that road at 4.30am i will just sit there and call the cops out.

Baboonery

10-11-2008 12:12 PM

The good, honest, law-abiding British motorist is taking his usual level of heed of the closure of Dartmouth Road northbound. That is to say, none at all. Last night I was very nearly run over by a car driving on the pavement to get past oncoming traffic. This, of course, is the exception to the rule. The rule is selfish and law-breaking law-abiding motorists parking four wheels on the pavement and completely obstructing it for, you know, pedestrians, not to mention traffic.

As I came home on Friday night, I saw two CSOs walking their bikes, who betrayed a half-hearted interest in such parking. When pressed, they said they couldn't do anything about it, because they were the Perry Vale Safer Heighbourhood Team, but they'd contact the Forest Hill SNT and see what could be done. To be fair to the guy, I bumped into him again on Saturday and he said he'd found out whose car it was and got them to move it, but had come back past a bit later and they were all up the pavement again.

marianna

10-11-2008 01:21 PM

Has anyone spotted any of these waterboard people actually working?? A trench appeared along the length of my very narrow road two weeks ago and apart from them breaking a gas pipe outside my house while I was at work - leaving us without heating or hot water for two days and nothing obvious seems to have been done - I haven't seen anyone actually working. Also, residents are having to park their cars in a side road on the opposite side of Dartmouth Road. The same applies to the roadworks in Kirkdale - usually just two men (but no dog) now and again!

brian

10-11-2008 03:36 PM

Mariana
You have my sympathy. It in like The Somme without the bodies. Lawrie Park Road is the same .

I have less sympathy for locals with cars. There are too many cars in Se 23. If living on Dartmouth Road I would have thought not ideal for cars at the best of time.

Baboonery

11-11-2008 09:59 AM

Walking home last night, it appears that the most frequent serial offender has lost his nearside wing mirror.

Shame, that.

brian

11-11-2008 10:36 AM

Hi Baboonery
I take it you mean a dastedly pavement parker. I agree what a terrible shame. I hope they find the culprit and give them a medal.

borderpaul

13-11-2008 01:15 PM

The poor serial parking offender has now had the drivers window of the car smashed. They are a learner driver so perhaps this is a lesson in where not to park your car.

brian

13-11-2008 03:17 PM

I do not wish to encourage smashing of windows but why do people park illegally.

Walking up Perry Rise this morgen by the Prince of Wales selfish parkers mean that push chairs or wheelchairs would not be able to get through. Apart from illegal do these people have no common sense. What do we pay billions for educating people for free , why bother.

spit-fire

18-11-2008 01:58 PM

I'm pretty sure there are signs on Perry Rise suggesting that cars should park with two wheels on the pavement.

brian

18-11-2008 04:20 PM

There are in certain placed I believe mostly on the other side of the road to the POW.
Anyway if by doing this no pram or wheelchair can pass you should not park there.
I am baffled why the council put these lines. Cars should be on the road not paved area.

brian

20-11-2008 03:33 PM

What a surpise. They are behind schedule. Will it be finished by Christmas?

Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields