SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
No buses for 3 weeks servicing Dartmouth Road
Baboonery

10-11-2008 01:12 PM

The good, honest, law-abiding British motorist is taking his usual level of heed of the closure of Dartmouth Road northbound. That is to say, none at all. Last night I was very nearly run over by a car driving on the pavement to get past oncoming traffic. This, of course, is the exception to the rule. The rule is selfish and law-breaking law-abiding motorists parking four wheels on the pavement and completely obstructing it for, you know, pedestrians, not to mention traffic.

As I came home on Friday night, I saw two CSOs walking their bikes, who betrayed a half-hearted interest in such parking. When pressed, they said they couldn't do anything about it, because they were the Perry Vale Safer Heighbourhood Team, but they'd contact the Forest Hill SNT and see what could be done. To be fair to the guy, I bumped into him again on Saturday and he said he'd found out whose car it was and got them to move it, but had come back past a bit later and they were all up the pavement again.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: No buses for 3 weeks servicing Dartmouth Road - Baboonery - 10-11-2008 01:12 PM